Can Anyone Recommend a Face Wash for My 9 Year Old Daughter?

My daughter got her first pimple today and I'm thinking I should get her a facewash to use during bathtime that is just for young skin like hers. Any recommendations?

I ended up purchasing Oil of Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin. She likes that she has her own face wash now like me. She's been using it at night and in the morning. So far so good.

Cetaphil was recommended to me in my preteens by my dermatologist, and I have used it ever since. Most of my model/actress friends use it (it's considered an industry staple). It is also gentle enough to be used on babies, and sells for under $10 (for a huge bottle) in the drugstore. The rest have too many chemicals for her age.

I would recommend Aveeno Fash Wash. It is very mild. My doctor swears by Aveeno for everything!! He has told me to use that on my daughter since she was born.

I really like the clean and clear face wash. I share it with my daughters and it seems to work well for all of us. It is very reasonably priced too :)

my 2 dauhghters 9-14 use avon immediaTe response cleanser..i sell avon just to get them product..http://youravon.com/tmurgitroyde
i have several kits 10.00 whole system..great for all..very gental very reasonable

The over the counter ones break my skin out. I use Proactive. I buy it at the Christiana Mall in DE because you can buy what you need instead of the 1 package they show on tv.

my son is 10 and in the last year I have noticed that he has a little breakout on his forehead. He really couldn't get the hang of washing with soap without getting it into his eyes. I bought the cleansing pads (anything from Avon to the drug store brand)I explained to him how to use them and the target areas (nose, forhead etc.) and have him use a warm washcloth after using the pad. Also, I have him wash his hands after he uses one and of course stay away from his eyes. I do have him use one in the morning and sometimes after sports. They really have helped, and are easy to use.

I got Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser for my son. He is a red head with very sensitive skin and some of the face washes have some harsh chemicals in them. He is 13. It cleared his face up really good! He had quite a few pimples! He also uses Clean & Clear sensitive skin Deep Cleaning Astringent, which he applies with a cotton ball, after he gets out of the shower when his pores are open. Both of these you can find at Wal-Mart for a total of under $15.00 with tax. Tell her making sure to do it daily is the key. Make sure she gets enough water and not much sugar drinks. Acne is hard for kids especially girls. Catch it now and I think she'll be great! Don't get talked into buying really expensive stuff since you're not sure if the store bought stuff works yet. Good luck!

Hi N.,
Sometimes that is just a sweat pimple. My son started getting them around and on his nose at around the same age . it usually comes during change of seasons. So anyway he uses the oil free Clean and Clear it is the same as Nuetrogena just alittle less expensive. he then uses the oxy cleansing pads once in the morning and once before bedtime.Any more will dry the skin too much. Thereis one for sensitive skin but theydo not clear up the pimples.
It has been working well for him.Good Luck!

I couldn't agree with Aimee P any more. I've always suffered from acne and now at 35 I see a dermetologist. I've tried everything but I'm now back to the basics. My mainline dermetologist suggests Cetaphil, CerVe or Dove. Make sure she doesn't wash her face too much as drying it out can cause even more irritation. If her face doesn't improve I highly suggest seeing a dermelogist... Waiting till I was 34 to get results was way too long. Best of luck to you daughter.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

face skin the seasons washing