Can Anyone Recommend a Baby Sling Brand?

I'm due in 7 weeks with baby number 3 and I'm interested in trying a sling. I've noticed a lot of brands and styles out there. A friend recommended Bali but that seems so complicated. Any other recommendations? Thanks!

I like the Moby Wrap. It's reasonably priced and comfortable. I did not like the Peanut Shell sling. I thought it was uncomfortable.

I love my Heart String Sling. Go to www.heartstringslings.com She has beautiful fabrics and they are reasonable priced!

I'd recommend an ERGO baby carrier for when your little one is a little older, they have infant inserts too but they look lik they might be complicated.

There are lots of wraps... I used a over the shoulder one cause I hated the MAYAN wrap.. it was too hot for me.

I would NOT recommend really any store bought wraps though. They often end up recalled and in my opinion are really not very helpful.

I actually have a friend in Rochester that would most likely be willing to help you with slings.. she has a few. Let me know.

You could take a trip to Tree City Diapers in Ann Arbor and they could help you out.. or check out your closest LLL.. there are usually lots of babywearers there.

I use the Kangaroo pouch and it is great for us. I used it with my almost 4 year old and am currently using it with my newborn. You can visit www.kangarookorner.com

I loved my Maya wrap. A good place to find out about all sorts of slings is at your local La Leche League group. Check online for the one nearest to you :)

Here is a link so you can see the Maya wrap (not hard to make)
http://www.mayawrap.com/listItems.asp?displayType=Across&...

i use an ella roo. i still use it and my dtr is 18 months. it's a ring sling, so it's super easy to use. hope this helps...

I also loved my maya wrap (it's a ring sling)you can change the kids position with out taking them out. I found it more comfortable than the back pack looking kind. And there way more versatile. If you ask someone here would probably let you come over and check out there sling, and teach you how to use them. You could probably find someone on this list who sells them.
A. H

I loved my Maya wrap. My boys are all too big for it now, so I'm actually going to sell mine.

I dig my Bjorn, but I know that's not really a sling.

I guess one that I would not recommend is the Boppy sling. Seriously, I thought it was like rocket science to figure out. It was just too complicated to finagle while trying to not piss off a newborn. Although, that could have just been me. : )

I have heard good things about the Maia and the Ergo.

You can go to Hotslings.com and they have wraps on there that are custom. You measure from shoulder to hip bone, and they make it the right size so that there is no buckle or anything. I know several people who have used these and loved them.

1 / 3