Camp Invention

Has anyone sent their children to a "Camp Invention" day camp? They have an "Innovate" Program, a "Create" Program and an "Imagine" Program. All are full day and run for five days. What age was your child? Was it fun and stimulating, or was it "too much"? I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

My son went to Camp invention after second grade. It is well run, and they make it fun. He had a ball. It IS a big day full of stuff, and by the end of the week, he was just plain tired. He enjoyed some of the units more than others, but it gave him a way to look at things differently. He really enjoyed taking apart an old CD player and turning it into something else! For him, it was worth the money: he enjoyed it, made some new friends, and learned something. He did not choose to go back the next year, though. My daughter (a year younger and now qualified to go) has not chosen it, either. Some kids go back year after year and can't get enough. I guess I don't have advice on whether your child should go or not. If there's interest, try it! If not, try some other things through parks & rec or community ed or some of the other great camps around. Our family is glad we got to experience this great opportunity. Good luck!

My daughter attended Camp Invention last year when she was in Kindergarten and she was thrilled.Its a well run camp and she enjoyed taking apart a cpu and making a remote from it..they have lot of fun activities and games too.She absolutely loved it and her attitude and thinking really changed after that camp.She's thinking innovatively more and its amazing. She did get tired at the end of the day with all the activities but it was fun and educative week for her.She really wanted to go again and is going this year too..

My experience with Camp Invention is a several years old, but at that time it was a wonderful experience for the children. Very well organized, creative and fun, fun, fun.

Updated

1 / 3