Cake and Icing Recipe W/ No Egg, Cheese, Milk, Soy, Nuts or Dairy???

My friend just had a baby and her husband has severe food allergies. They told her not to eat egg, cheese, milk, soy, nuts and dairy. I have an egg free cake recipe (Duncan Hines white cake mix, 12 oz can of sprite and 2 Tbs Canola Veg oil). I need an icing recipe within those food guidelines. If anyone knows of one please pass along. Much appreciated and Happy Holidays mommies!

You can make icing by using confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar) and a tsp of vanilla. Add orange juice until the consistency you desire. It is more like glazed icing, but it tastes yummy. Search the internet. They will have millions of recipes for frosting without using eggs or dairy. You can also add cocoa powder to make choc frosting.

I always make icing with POWDERED SUGAR, WATER or LEMON JUICE and ANY ARTIFICAL FLAVORING (like vanilla, mint, orange, almond, coffee.....) pretty much the same as many other mommies already responded.
If you want anything to fill the cake with or frost it with, you can make any flavored pudding with water or fruit juice depends on flavor you are trying to get (on 3 1/4cup water or fruit juice put 2tbs cornstarch, a little over 1/2cup of sugar and any flavoring (vanilla, strawberry, or none or add cocoa powder for chocolate flavor)).
Here are some more ideas:
Vegan Chocolate Frosting
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup maple syrup

I know you are just asking for icing recipe but I had some more tips that I thought anyone who has the allergy problems might find it useful so here it is:

How to replace eggs in some recipes

Commercial Egg Replacer:
Ener-G is an incredibly versatile and easy to use. Ener-G and other store-bought egg substitutes are relatively flavorless and work best in baked goods, such as cookies, muffins and cakes, and can also be used to bind ingredients together in a vegan casserole or loaf. Ener-G is vegan and certified kosher, but be sure to read the labels carefully on other brands, as some may contain egg whites.

Bananas and Applesauce:
Smash up or blend about a half a banana or 1/4 cup applesauce to use as an egg replacer in baked goods such as muffins, pancakes or yeast-free quick breads, such as pumpkin bread, and of course, banana bread! Bananas and applesauce add the perfect amount of thick moisture, like eggs, but they won't help your dishes rise or turn out light and fluffy, so be sure the recipe you are using includes a bit of baking powder or baking soda to help it rise if needed.

Tofu (for the ones that are not allergic to soy):
Tofu is the best way to substitute eggs in dishes such as a quiche, frittata or egg salad. The texture of silken tofu or crumbled regular tofu is surprisingly similar to boiled or cooked eggs when used in a similar recipe and, by adding a bit of mustard, turmeric or nutritional yeast to your dish to give it a yellow hue, your eyes will be tricked as well as your taste buds!

Other Substitutes like soda:
In a pinch, or with a good recipe, vinegar mixed with water or even plain run-of-the-mill soda can work as a decent egg replacer. For savory entrees such as a vegetarian casserole or a loaf, try using 2-3 tablespoons of bread crumbs or oats.

How to replace butter in recipes:

Margarine, oil(for 1/2cup butter 1/3cup of oil), applesauce, pureed prunes, mashed
bananas and pumpkin puree as well as baby food in a jar.

Hi C.
I just wanted to let you know you don't need to add oil to the cake mix. It will turn out great with just the can of sprite. You can make any cake mix like this. Use dark soda for choc. or spice. Also, (like some one else said) pumpkin is really good in cake mix, Depending on the flavor you want. I make cookies out of pumpkin mixed with spice cake mix in the fall. I add a bit of icing piped on top and sprinkle with a bit of cinn. to make fancy. I used to make these when I was a professional baker and they would fly out og the shop!
As for icing, Powdered sugar, shortining and vanilla (or almond x - depending of your taste) with a bit of water to thin is the best! Good luck.

I Can't help with the icing, but wanted to share another recipe -- if you ever want chocolate cake, you just take a box of chocolate cake mix, a 15-ox can of pumpkin, mix them together and bake according to the box. Don't add water, milk, oil, or anything -- it'll look really dry, but keep stirring. It tastes great (no pumpkin taste), is very moist, and has more fiber and vitamins. But I'm going to try your Sprite recipe, too!

You need to be really careful to make sure that the ingredients do not state that this was prepared in a factory that uses nuts because some people, children especially, can have a severe reaction to even the minutest dust particle of a peanut. I thought about using this recipe then kinda worried what if...

i have a icing recipe...powered sugar, shortening, and water..you can add a splash of vanilla. about one cup of shortening, and almost a whole bag of powered sugar(small one), mix together until stiff, add a teaspoon of water at a time and mix until you get the consistency you want. i use it on all of my baked goods. you can make it a little thinner for decorating sugar cookies if you want, they will have to sit a little while while it stiffens. i dont use any measurements anymore, i just add all the stuff together because i use it so often. just a note, it is really hard to mix together with a mixer, unless you have a really good one. i have broke 2 hand mixers, so i just use a good spoon now. good luck and i would just double check the ingredents in the shortening to make sure that there isnt anything in it that he would be allergic too. happy holidays!!!!!!

I have a recipe in my LA DOLCE VEGAN cook book I will share with you...It should meet all your allergies requirements.

Cake:
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
2 Tbls oil
1 tsp vanilla

Pudding:
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup hot water

**plz note you can also add walnuts or chocolate chips to cake batter, if you would like in the future.

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil an 8-inch cake pan and set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add the water, oil and vanilla and stir together gently until "just mixed." Spoon evenly into the cake pan. In a small bowl stir together the sugar and cocoa powder for the pudding topping. Stir until well mixed and then sprinkle over the cake. Carefully pour the hot water over the top of the cake. DO NOT MIX TOGETHER. Bake for 40 minutes.

I havent tried this recipe yet, but it sounds easy enough.
Good Luck.

Powdered sugar icing - its really sweet and its not really a thick frosting - just sifted powder sugar, water - just a teaspoon if that and vanilla extract - I think the recipe is on the box or can easily be found in betty crocker's cookbook. If not, cherrybrookfarms or cherry brook kitchen i forget what its called but others have mentioned it too - they have one that I think fits all the criteria and you can just buy it.

This cake mix contains partially hydroginated soybean oil.

1 / 3