Cabin Vacation in Texas/Oklahoma?

Updated on April 26, 2007
D.P. asks from Dallas, TX

I am in need of a vacation with the family and would love to go camping in a somewhat secluded cabin on or near a lake in the Texas/Oklahoma area. Please let me know if anyone recommends a place they have stayed at.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Dallas on

Last year, we went to Broken Bow, Oklahoma for an "adults only" weekend. It was wonderful!!!! I love the great outdoors, however, I am still a city girl. This cabin had 3 bedrooms, a full kitchen, washroom with new washer/dryer set, 2 bathrooms, and a jacuzzi on the back deck. There was also one tv with dvd player but we tried not to use it much since we were "roughing it." Check out the site--

Let me know what u think!

answers from Dallas on

Hello D.! Check out Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma, approx. 3 1/2 hrs. from Dallas; cabins range from $68- 120+ (extremely reasonable) and come fully stocked.

We are headed there this summer!

Best Wishes,

answers from Dallas on

Turner Falls! It is at the base of the mountains in Oklahoma and gorgeous!

Just do a google search and you can find tons of places to stay from B&B's to cabins in the woods...

We are going in July :-)

answers from Dallas on

I second Beaver's Bend. There are TONS of cabins to choose from, both park and private owned. My grandparents live just down the road from there, so we've spent many a weekend there. There is a gorgeous golf course there if you play, too.

answers from Dallas on

I highly recommend the Texas Hill Country. Lake LBJ is beautiful and there are dozens of campgrounds and resorts all over the Hill Country. Just do a search on the internet of Texas Hill Country.

Next question: Seeking Recommendations to Camping Sites