C Section - Northridge,CA

I had a c section 5 months ago. I seem to get pain in my stomach now and then but when ever i put jeans on its a little bet more severe its this normal?

Totally normal for any surgery. It typically takes several months to a couple of years just for the nerves to reconnect "correctly" (and they don't always)... and then when you compress the area (like by wearing clothes) those nerves pipe in with complaints. Some of those pains are also probably from scar tissue stretching the "stretchier" tissue around it... which ticks the stretchier tissue off, because it didn't used to have to stretch that much, as well as pain from the scar tissue stretching as well.

it could be the scar tissue from the inside where they performed the operation or outside trying to heal up. anyways,I 2 think you should just call to make sure.

I had an emergency C-Section November 2006. My incision itched horribly till about a year ago and I definitely have adhesions. I had 3 ultrasounds done after my surgery over the course of a year. I have a fibroid, that unfortunately sits right near my adhesions and causes some horrible periods and bowel movements from time to time. Adhesions are no fun! I can lay on my back and feel it tighten up my lower tummy and then release, I was told there was nothing that could be done.
Oh, I also tore this same side 5 weeks post, so, I didn't heal well at all.

i think this is probably normal. I had pain and weird sensations there for at least 6 months. Despite what some people say it is quite an intense surgery to recover from so I'd try to be patient.

With my first, I had an emergency C-Section....then with #2, I had a VBAC, then with my twins (#3&4) I had a C-Section...(they used the same incision), now that was nearly 18 years (YES, YEARS) ago and I can press on my C-Section Scar and feel pain...so, yes, you could easily be feeling pain from your scar. I'm surprised that I can STILL feel pain after this many years!

I have had a C and had pain around my scar until I had a vaginal birth after C (VBAC) 3 months ago, which would be 2.5 years since the C! In my case, it was scar tissue and adhesions. Awful bc of the pain, but no big deal in terms of health, fertility, or even childbirth. A craniosacral therapist who specializes in scar adhesions was able to release a lot of the pain in one of her demonstrations (that I volunteered to guinea pig for). But it was only after my VBAC that I think everything (ie pain) has been released. Pulling, and tightening may be normal. It is major abdominal surgery and in my case I just remained sensitive in that area due to scar tissue adhesions.
Hope this helps. Please check with your doc..

I had a C section in 2006 and it was really painful!!! it took along time for the burning pain to go away and it did but 5 months is still recent. Jeans will make it hurt because they are tight I wore my early maternity clothes for a while and then i went back into my regular clothes. To the day I still feel the pain of my scar.. so it's normal. You might have a little scar tissue..

i had a c-section over 2 years ago and every once in a while, my scar does itch, tingle, or feel rather sensitive and achy. I think it's probably normal, do you notice unsual redness or swelling? If so, you should probably call your doctor......

1 / 3