Buying Powdered Infant Formula on Ebay - Safe or Not????

Was wondering if anyone has bought or would you consider it safe to buy powdered infant formula on ebay. Am thinking of doing so to save some money but am concerned about the safety of doing so. Any thoughts????

I would be leary of anything like formula on line. Target makes a store brand of all types of formula, from regular to soy to lactose-free, etc. You can get a can of regular formula for 11.69 for 32 oz I believe. I buy my daughter's lactose free formula there for 13.89 for 24 oz. Much better price than the enfamil at like 22 or 23 dollars. Hope this helps.

I've never bought formula on ebay, but have sold it. I know the formula I sold was good, never opened, and a lot of people bid on it. I think that you should be okay.

Amazon.com has a grocery store with some pretty good pricing. they also do $25 off coupon codes alot too (just google amazon coupon codes to find them)... and there is always free shipping on orders over $25.

I never purchased formula so I have no idea if the prices are good or not, but I have purchased bulk diapers and have saved signifcantly more than at sams or target.

yes I purchased cans of formula several times. My baby did just fine. Just check exp dates and make sure the formula is unopened.

I personally wouldn't. There have been reports of formula being tampered with, expiration dates changed, labels changed, etc. I'm sure there are reputable sellers but I think it would make me too nervous. Sometimes you can find cheap deals- I think drugstore.com used to sell it cheaply sometimes.

BTW, I LOVE shelties too!

When nursing was scary I did buy low iron formula on ebay but I never used it, so if you are interested I have two containers (Similac Low Iron & Enfamil Low Iron). Nursing worked itself out and both canisters are still good for another year. If you want them let me know. I have never had any issues with Ebay and it can save you money. ____@____.com

I don't know if you feel comfortable or not but I still have an opened formula sitting in my pantry from my 18 month old. If you or anyone else would like it I am happy to give it away. I just couldn't bare the thought of throwing out formula since we all know it costs an arm and a leg. (Just by the way, I tried it on my daughter a few times when I had to go out and didn't have time to pump but she never took it. I exclusively breast fed so I am not familiar with formula names or anything. I think its newborn formula but I can check if someone wants or needs it.

C.,

We bought our formula in cases on Ebay and saved tons. It was very helpful especially not having to run out to get any. You should be fine. There was no way anyone could have tampered with the kind we got(good start with iron) Ask the seller tons of questions before bidding and check on their feedback. Also make sure the price they are offering is reasonable.

I have bought lots of things off ebay, but not formula. That's just something I didn't want to take a chance on. It's one thing to buy a purse, but you don't know where food-type items are coming from!

After I stopped nursing, we bought our Enfamil formula at Costco, where is was cheeper per ounce than at grocery stores.

Good luck and enjoy your sweetie!

1 / 3