Butt Pimple???

My 2 year old daughter has a large red bump on her butt with a white head. When I wash it or put neosporin on it she pulls away and says it hurts. Of course I googled it and am now scared it is staph. The pimple isnt crusty or oozing anything, just red with a white head and obviously painful. She also has two little red bumps on her other butt cheek, but they have no white head, but she says they hurt, too. Im sure I will take her to her dr. tomorrow just to be on the safe side, but any other idea as to what this could be?!? Is it just a pimple and Im getting all spazzed out as usual? She is my first and only child, so I take EVERYTHING super seriously!!!

Last night I put neosporin and a band aid on it before bed and this morning it had shrunk down to half the size. Its barely a little red dot now, so I assume that it is not staph...I would think staph would get worse and not just dissappear. Thanks for all of the answers!!

Hello!
More then likely, it is a boil.
Believe it or not, they are very painful.
The easiest & quickest remedy to to apply
TOMATO PASTE!!! Truely. the acidity draws out
the redness & puss & or puffiness. I used to get them all the time as a child & this worked everytime!!!
Good Luck!!

It sounds like a boil. Not dangerous, but very painful. The doctor may drain it and/or give you an antibiotic. Nothing to worry about.

Soak her in a very clean tub in as warn water as she can take. Don't make it too hot. Do that about every 2 hrs. Use neosporin on it and keep her diaper dry.

I'll bet it hurts - the pus in the pimple causes pressure and it might be deep-seated. I would take her to the doctor because they have sterile conditions there and might want to open it up - please don't do that yourself. If they decide not to open it up, they'll give you advice on how to handle it so that it doesn't become a boil. Ouch!

Good luck! D.

We went thru the same thing. Those "pimples" got bigger and more painful and eventually we had to use an antibiotic to clear them up. One thing that was a HUGE success and you might try is to get an ANITBACTERIAL SOAP. I think Dial is one of them. This helped a lot and prevented getting more on her bottom. I would not put it off. It never "went away" until we got serious about it and dealt with it.

Also, it you are going to put something on them buy a "triple antipbiotic gel" over the counter and this may help them come to a head and clear up. If all that does not work Keflex antibiotic works great but you need a prescription

PS Might want to make sure you are "washing her butt" in the morning with a wet rag and bathing regularly too if you are not already.

PSS I would put money on it our was MRSA/staph too. I would have taked her to the doctor but my husband is a pediatrician so we just treate4d it ourself. We did find out MRSA in carried in our nostrils (my husband and I work in the hospital) so we had to get an antibiotic gel for our noses to keep from spreading it to her over and over.

Hello!
More then likely, it is a boil.
Good Luck!!

I would definately take her to the doctor. I had something similar happen to me when I was 16 inside my elbow and it was staph. I didn't tend to it early enough and it developed a red streak. Had to go on antibiotics. Even if it is just a boil, it doesn't hurt to get it checked. MERSA is also out there and needs antibiotics so don't fool with it. I usually would try home remedies but, in this case, I recommend a doctor asap!

It does sound like it MIGHT be impetigo - don't let that freak you out, though. My 4yo and 6yo both recently had it, and yes, it was on their backsides! The only thing I could guess was they picked it up from a public toilet or something? The doctor told me that at any given point if you took a random sample of people at the mall, 25% of them would have some staph bacteria. He did take a sample to confirm that it was indeed staph, prescribed an antibiotic, and the infection went away fairly quickly. It IS quite contagious (although my two contracted it about 6 weeks apart) so they recommend keeping the sores covered, no swimming, etc. Good luck!

Your daughter probably has molluscum contagiosum, which sounds scary but isn't really. It is an ugly nuisance, though. It's like a cousin of warts. There are websites with scary pictures, and pricy miracle cures, and a cream called Aldara (that was $50 for each of 2 tubes with my insurance) that you can try, but what worked for us was to use Compound W on the spots. The idea is that the molluscum virus is not being noticed by the immune system, so you have to do something to the bumps to irritate them and "wake up" the immune system so it fights them. Trying to get the white part out of the pimple seems like a good idea but isn't because you spread the virus around and get lots more bumps, and they will look nasty. Just leave them intact and use the Compound W (or whatever wart-remover you prefer) until they get really red and irritated. It will be messy and no fun, but it will make them go away. Without any treatment, they'll probably clear up in a few years on their own, but my husband and I didn't want to wait that long for our daughter. Incidentally, your daughter probably got them from sitting on a toilet seat or chair that somebody else who has them had sat on. It doesn't mean that she has been to "dirty" places, because these things are everywhere. This too shall pass.

Sounds to me like boils. Boils are typically staph infections, but for the most part are not dangerous. My stepdaughter had some on her bottom about 2 years ago and the doctor kind of cut them open a little to let them drain and gave her some antibiotics. You can also just apply hot compresses to them to bring them to a head and they will begin draining on their own, but will still require antibiotics.

I would get it checked out. My 4th child has something similar but it appeared as an infant. It would not go away despite rx cream/med from doctor and kept getting infected. It turned out that it was a pore that had never opened on the outside and thus was just continuing to get infected from the inside. He had to have surgery to remove it and it never came back. We had to do this b/c the drs. were afraid of the infection spreading into his intestines.
Also, a good friend of mine's son was bitten by a poisonous spider last year. She didn't know about it until he started complaining and she found a big red bump similar to what you are describing on his bottom b/c that's where he was bitten. He developed a staph infection that they had a hard time treating with antibiotics. He was hospitalized for about a week b/c they couldn't get the infection to stop spreading.
So not to scare you but I'd get it checked out. It's probably nothing but you'll feel better about getting it looked at!

1 / 3