Business Name - Any Suggestions?

Hi Moms!

I'm starting up my own business making hand-made custom bows for infants to big girls. I'm making bow, clippies, head bands, and more. Before I order business cards and start up a web page, I am trying to come up with a creative name for my business. I'm a little stuck so I thought I would ask you all and see if you creative ones have a great name. :-)

My daughter is Kate Annmarie, who is almost 1. So far I have come up with: Kate's Creations, Kate's Inspirations, Inspired by Kate, M.'s Bowtique.

Thanks in Advance!

First of all, a HUGE thank you to all who gave me ideas. They were great! Unfortunately, some I liked were already taken. As you know, my daughter's name is Kate, and while we were in the hospital, I think on the 2nd day, my husband started calling her Katie Pie, like Cutie Pie. So that's a name we call her as an endearing name. Anyway, while my husband and I were tossing around all sorts of names that one came out and we love it! So it's 'Katie Pie Creations' as the name and underneath will be 'custom creations for your cutie pie'. I will let you all know as soon as I'm up and running. Right now I'm working on building my supply up and getting things going with web site, cards, etc. Thanks everyone!

I wish I had some cute names, but you will have to let me know how to order! I have to live vicariously through my sister who has a little girl - so I shop a lot for my little niece! I have two wonderful boys - whom I have often thought about accessorizing - but I know better!

Hi, M.!

Here are what I thought of: Bowdacious or Bowdacious Kate
Then I googled it, and saw a business called Bowdacious Baby that makes hair bows,too. :-( Same with Bownanza, Bowtiful. and Bowlicious is a pet boutique in CA. Then I thought of Debowtante, a play on debutante, and google didn't have any matches for that, and I think it's cute, feminine, and sassy!

Hope this was helpful!

M.!!!!

i had NO idea you were doing this!!! this is so exciting! good for you! i think i actually like M.'s bowtique... i think its cute. but i'll keep thinking. i just wanted to tell you i'm so excited for you. i think this is great. we need to get together... my class was done this week! yay for being a stay-at-home-mommy for the summer! :)

love ya!

...ok, after reading some of the responses i really like Cutie Bowtootie! its so cute. and, um... i could totally do your business cards, if you don't have anything... i have lots of super cute fonts and could make them look really good. just thought i'd offer, since i do have a printing business, you know... :-) hehehe... but i like the idea of using kate's name too... obviously since i used emma's name in my business name. so maybe kate's bowtique or cutie bowtootie... i love little bow peep but i guess its already taken. anyway... talk to you soon!

I like Yolanda's suggestions. Very clever! If you need help with business cards, I can help you. My husband and I have a business card business and we can make you some snazzy standout cards! Just let me know.

I agree with some others, you may want to be careful about naming it after Kate in case you have another child. But if that isn't a concern, you're set. I did want to say, thank goodness no one has mentioned my pet peeve... purposely changing up a letter in the spelling because they think it's cute (a la, Kate's Kreations). I hate that!

Not sure if you call her Katie or not but - Katie's Bows, KatieBow, K.A. Bows, KABow, BowKate, My Kates, Kate's Bows.

Hi M., I do like Kate's inspirations. How about:
Buttons and Bows
Baby Bling
Kid's Hair Fair

Good Luck M.,
Lonie

Hello M.! All good ideas below; anything you come up with or like, be sure to search the web and dba records at the courthouse to make sure the name is not already in use- legal stuff.

I like the idea of creating the name around your daughter's name, many mom based companies are doing that now a days. Also think about what you want the name to represent, what will your company be about...more than just bows.

K.A.M.'s bowtique
KAM Glam
M. K's
Sugar & Spice
In the Pink
Cutey Bowtootie
Lil BowPeep

Best Wishes,

Richardson

Baby Bling is cute, but already taken.

Try googling names you think of and see if they are taken or not.

Also, search Etsy.com for children's bows and items, and see the kinds of names they have come up with, there are some really cute ones!

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_ti...

Hi M., I live in Anna near Mckinney and I make diaper cakes and I go to Fea markets and Trade days and sell my cakes. Do you plan to do things like this? The space is anywhere from $15-$60. If you do maybe we could share a space. I started doing this is April and really having a hard time getting the word out. I have a web site that you can see when you go to internet explorer and type in diapercakesbybetty . I can't affore to put it where it comes up under the compuserve etc. You can also see pictures of my cakes on Craig's List Dallas under Diaper cakes. The only names I can think of would be Girly Bows, Baskets of Bows or maybe Buckets of Bows. I think a picture of Kate playing with lots of your bows would make a great business card.
GOOD LUCK with your business it is just hard to get the word out.
B. West
###-###-####

1 / 3