Burn on Marble Bathroom Counter

I had a votice candle holder on my bathroom counter, which apparently got too hot. Now I have a circular brown burn mark on the counter. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it??

I tried sanding out a battery acid stain a few weeks ago. The yellowish-brown stain went away, but the finish in the spot where I sanded is not shiny like the rest of the countertop. It might be best to call a professional and at least ask them how they would attempt to remove the stain.

Response on http://www.doityourself.com/stry/qnacleaning4 :

Q. Someone mentioned that marble countertop might not react the same as a bathtub to sanding. I have what looks like either cigarette or curling iron burn on my marble vanity top. It's marbled off white/white and I can't figure out what to try.

A. Use wet/dry sandpaper and keep the sandpaper wet. If you can find 1000 or 1200 grit sandpaper, follow-up with a 600-grit with the higher (finer) grit, then rubbing compound, then wax. It should look good as new.

By far I am not an expert on marble, but I have been involved in some projects where we had to work with marble. When it comes to any fine stones like marble, your best bet is going to be finding a professional to work on it. Most likely whatever spot you are seeing will have to be polished out. That can be a huge undertaking if the mark goes deep into the stone.
Be extremely careful if you try any chemicals on the stone. You can easily etch the stone and make the problem worse and more expensive to fix.

No to sound too salseperson ish, but you might try Scentsy....and you'd never have to worry about that type of thing again!
www.scentsy.com/A.

I totally agree about Scentsy. You can pm me if you want more info.

Try to get a professional to polish it out. It happened to my SIL and they had to have it polished.

Sorry, I did the same thing with a curling iron. You are probably stuck with it. I could not get my burn out. You might try sanding if it is not too deep. Call a harddware store they might have some suggesions.

I don't believe you will be able to clean it up. I would think it's permanent. You need a Scentsy plug in or warmer for your bathroom. WWW.SCENTSY.COM/DFW

1 / 3