Bumps on My Toddler's Belly...

My 3 yr old girl has tiny little bumps all over her torso- not on her legs, neck, arms, face, bum... just on her belly/chest and now starting onto her back. The bumps are not red, do not itch, do not hurt- they look like goosebumps- they just don't ever go away. I thought maybe it was just dry skin- but lotions/creams are not working. We do not have insurance- so I'm hoping to find some help here, before turning to the ped! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks mamas!!

Thank you all for the suggestions! I love this forum! I just got back from the pharmacy- I think I bought at least one of everything that was mentioned :) I'll let you all know what happens!

This sounds like a food allergy perhaps. Any new foods lately. Any high allergenic foods that she has been wanting to eat a lot of?

Has she been sick recently? I remember my daughter getting something similiar when she was younger and the doctor said it went along with a virus she had.

I don't have any advice for the bumps but I do have some advice about the insurance. If you do not have insurance due to income you can go to Family Services in your area and apply for Medicaid for your children. I would strongly suggest you do this as it is not a good idea to not have insurance for your kids. Call the Dept of Family Services and they can tell you what documents you need to bring - it usually doesn't take very long and depending on your situation there might not even be a co-pay for a doctor visit.

My kids had very dry skin. Neutragena has a product called Rain Bath that you put on after a bath before you dry them, it's oily so it keeps the moisture in. Baby oil will do the same thing, be careful getting in the bath afterward, it's usually slippery afterward. It might take a while for the bumps to go also drinking lots of water and less drying soap.

Baby Aquaphor works wonders. If these are not bothersome to her try this before you spend lots of extra money. Don't know if you have tried this but it works for all sorts of different rashes/bumps. You can get it by the bay items at the store. Good luck!

Has she been sick? My daughter used to get this sometimes after shes had a fever. Her doc said it was just a reaction to the fever. I hope you get health insurance soon! Thats scary! Good luck!

Hi M.-
Sounds like what my son has. The doctor told us it was exzema, and I've just been putting the over-the-counter exzema lotion (with Pooh on the label) on it morning and night. It's not necessarily helping, but I'm hoping it will go away once the warm weather gets here. You might also try oatmeal baths to help. Good luck!

Melissa did you ever try Renew it works wonders..many testimonies on how this has helped with your same request :)

Cindy
Work At Home United
www.2abetterlife.com

If your daughter has only had them a day or so, it could be Roseola. Did she have a runny nose for a day or so before? Did the rash appear about a day after the runny nose quit? If it is Roseola, don't worry. The doctor would diagnose it as Roseola and tell you have to wait it out. Luckily, it only lasts about 3 days.

1 / 3