Bug Bite near Eye

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on bug bites near the eye on 2yr old. It started like a bite then turned into a swollen eye. It's not effecting his normal self, he'll touch it and let me touch it it's soft in one spot a little tougher. His Doctors not getting back to me and I've given him benedryl but that just makes him wild not to much that I know difference in eye. Hates things on face so warm compress is I feel when I've done it torchers him. Needs to be phyisically restrained and I don't want to put him through that. ANy advise, suggestions greatly appreciated

some kids swell a lot with bug bites, especially when they're under 4 yrs old - and *especially* with bites on the face. Try hydrocortisone cream, or a cold compress to take the swelling down - ice might feel really good to him! It's going to suck for a few days, but as long as it doesn't get infected, it's nothing to worry about.

my son recently had a mosquito bite right next to his eye. he looked like he had a black eye almost. his eye got all puffy and red. i put some cortisone cream on it as he is old enough that i know he wouldn't rub it into his eye. I just left it and in a day or so it was much better. If your son doesn't mess with it and is acting normal and his actual eyeball looks ok then i would just leave it alone.

When my son was about the same age he got a mosquito bite on his eyebrow and by the next morning his eye was swollen shut so the doctor put him on a steriod. The same thing happened when he got bit on the ear and his ear swelled so he ended up on steroids again. It was normal for his bites to swell, but it was worse in those spots.

Are you sure it isn't a sty which is an infection? If it is right at the base of his eye it might be. If so he will probably need some optic antibiotic ointment. Otherwise, if it is a bug bite it will probably go away on its own if he leaves it alone.

Make a paste of baking soda and cold water and clump it over the bite. Wait until it dries and flakes off.

This worked for my niece that was stung by a wasp just below her eye. Her eye began to swell shut, but the cold baking soda paste pulled the sting out of the bite and took the swelling down. The next day, she only had a tiny puncture mark where the bite was.

This also works for mosquito bites.

Pretty much every time my daughter gets a gnat or mosquito bite on her face even in the vicinity of her eye, it will swell up just like you described. It turns red and even gets a little bruising under the eye too... looks like she's taken a rough hit in a boxing match! ;) I give her children's claritin which helps a little, but mostly time takes care of it. The first time it happened we did take her in, but it was a waste of co-pay! :) He just told us to give her the claritin, and be better about using bug spray. He did say to give her the claritin if she's going to be out in the evening or where bugs are worse, just to prevent an allergic reaction like that.

All that said, of course if you think it's pinkeye or a stye, you'd want to take him in.

I was also wondering if it might be a sty. Might want to check with a doctor to be sure.

try dabbing it with peroxide-i got a nasty spider bite on my neck this summer-i tried everything-then i used peroxide-it vanished-good luck-oh use cold not heat

1 / 3