Brownish Discharge/spotting One Week After Period Ended

Does this sound familiar to any of you?
I started my period on June 17th. It ended after 4 days on June 21st. One week later, this past Monday on the 28th I woke up to light brownish discharge & some spotting. I had a few spots of blood that were brownish-red. I kept a pantyliner on all day and the next day. Still had some up until Wednesday the 30th then finally it stopped. Not sure what to think.
I easily start to wonder since with my daughter's pregnancy I had implantation bleeding that lasted even longer (almost 2 weeks), however I did not have have a period. I don't feel anything different. My bladder has been weak for quite awhile. I already took 2 pregnancy tests, one earlier in the week and another one today, but they both came out negative. I scheduled my well women exam for next week so I can talk to my GYN about it. But you know how it is when something like that throws you off.
Any thoughts?

Found out from my doc that this can occur during ovulation. Yeah it never happened to me before so it surprised me but I'm healthy and that is all that matters.

My periods were never regular and if I had one, it was for a couple of days and then about a week later, the brown yucky stuff.
My doctors told me it was just old dead blood that hadn't sluffed off earlier and it was nothing really to worry about.

Check with your doctor just to be sure.
I have a friend that's convinced she is "hemorrhaging" everytime she has bright red blood and actually, that's not the case.
The dark brown stuff can just be residual that didn't get out in the first place.

At least that's the way it was with me.

Best wishes.

This has never happened to me before but could that spotting be a residual bleeding from your period? Maybe that can be due to hormonal imbalance? I might be completely wrong here but that's just my thoughts. Have you done some research about it?

Hope your GYN will have some good answers for you. Make sure to let us know what happened. Sorry I am not much of a help here but good luck !

I had this sort of thing happen to me many times and my ob/gyn said it's just some leftover blood/lining coming out.

Yes, this sounds much like something that happened to me in Janurary of this year ;-) I am due on or around October 31st to have a little boy. I say that its a little too early to get a positive pregnancy test. Honestly, in a week it will probably still be too early to tell, could take about a month to show up.

1 / 3