Breasts for Nursing or Pleasure????!!!

I am nursing my 8 month old son and I nursed my daughter until she was 12 months. During nursing, I don't think of my breasts as sexual, they are for feeding my babies. However, when I was nursing my daughter, I didn't really have a problem with my husband touching or kissing them. It is another story with my son and I don't understand it. Anytime my husband just touches them, I don't like it. I can't stop thinking that my breasts are to feed my son and nothing else. I really don't understand why I am feeling this way when it didn't bother me at all when I was nursing my daughter. Has anyone else gone through something like this? I would just like to hear from other moms because I am a L. bothered by the way I am feeling. Thanks for your help.

You shouldn't be bothered by what you feel. You feel how you feel. tell hubby to be patient and back off for now. :-)

I have to agree that it probably is a hormonal response *but* if it were me I would try very hard to separate the two things mentally because your body (and all your body) is something that I'm sure your husband values, wants and craves. And those are good things!

I nursed both of my L. ones for 16 and 20 months respectively so I've been thru a wide range of feelings but the core is you and your husband and you want to keep that relationship alive and vital. Do explain to him that you are just having a tough time right now and ask that he be patient and then try L. things like you moving his hands where you feel comfortable and when you feel comfortable.

Absolutely normal!!! Especially in the first year. I found with both of my kids that feeling of protecting dissipated during the second year of nursing, but was VERY present and challenging in the first year - when they are basically getting ALL their nutrition from mama.
Communicate with your husband. I found that in the right "moment" I was able to say - NOW ;-), but it sure wasn't in the getting going stage hehe....

I think what you're feeling is normal. I nursed my twins for 15 months, and I pretty much felt the same way. Once I was done, it no longer bothered me, but until then they were off limits for my husband.

I think what you are feeling is natural. It may be a hormonal response. WIth each baby we are different and our bodies are different as are the hormones that are released. Feelings are just that, feelings. It does not mean you love your husband less, it just means that for right now you feel that your breasts are serving a different purpose. Your perspective will change as your sons nursing needs change. Reassure your husband that then, your breasts will return to be exclusively his!

a lot of women feel this way. assure your dh that he'll have 'em back for his exclusive pleasure (and yours) when you're done breast-feeding, but that for now it's just not where your head's at. it's also not surprising that it's different this time around. you are complex baffling miraculous mysterious intriguing work of nature. isn't it awesome?
khairete

I felt the same way when nursing.
Though, I have to admit I found the marketing tagline for Mama's Milk slings hilarious: "Breasts: Food for baby, fun for Daddy". I see it's no longer on their website.

I think a lot of us feel that their body changes considerably when we become pregnant and mother's. I don't have a reason why, but I know I do.

I snapped at my husband just the other day for trying to unhook my nursing bra in bed. I don't know why but it irritated me to no end. Poor guy. I don't understand it, but I'm right there with ya.

1 / 3