Breast Pump Recommendations?

I will be going back to work after 6 weeks and plan to breastfeed. What breast pump would you recommend? Not too expensive, please.

Avent manual pump, about $40. I had that first, then got the madella pump in style for $240 through Palms West Lactation Corner. I actually like the Avent hand pump better. I am actually able to get more milk with that. I gave away my pump in style and am sticking with the Avent for my 2nd baby.

I used the Medela double breast pump for 13 months and it worked great for me. Its not too inexpensive, as it was around $250.00, but it still works and if I have another baby, I plan to use it again.

WIth this pump you can pump both breasts simultaneously and be done in about 10-15 minutes max. I used it up to 7 times a day for several months and then decrease as needed and it's still working!!

You can buy the Aventis plastic containers with lids to store or the lansinoh freezer bags (from target)that are the best bags to store in my experiance.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dione

the double electric ameda egnell is less expensive than the medela and just as good. Frankly, after learning to pump for awhile, I was just as well off with the avent hand held pump...it is great and very inexpensive. Loved it and was more comfortable than the electric (though admittedly, it took longer).

I have 2 choldren ages 2years and 7 months. I used the Medela pump- n- style. Yes, it cost around $275, but you really need a high brand pump if you are going to striclty use breast milk. This pump allows you to "double pump" so it cuts down in time. It is also very sturdy, I have used the same pump for both children, I never used formula. I breast fed my first until he was 1 and plan to do the same wuth my second. Just remember in the beggining you must pump every 21/2- 3hours just as your child would feed. It is also recommended that you have at least 80 oz in the freezer before returning to work. If your child is sleeping a lot through the night get up around 5 Am and pump, this is the time of the day you will get the most and be able to start your storage.

Good Luck~ B.

Purely Yours, Double Electric Pump by Ameda. I used it for 11 months (I went back to work after 12 weeks, so was using the pump 2-4 times a day) without any problem (and plan to use it for my 2nd child). It's 1/2 the price of Medela and works just as good. I bought mine from www.breastfeedingexpress.com - it was very cheap and their customer service is out of this world! They even have a lactation consultant to help you with it (I spoke with her a couple of times). I highly recommend the Ameda brand and Breast Feeding Express.

~J.

ADVENT ISIS - inexpenive and gets alot of milk - easy - the best pump i ever had. I had both medelas double pumps and electronic and does not get all the milk out and as easy as the ISIS. It is super quiet and pretty quick the best even for a hand pump! I think its under $20.

The Medela pump-in-style is excellent and worth the investment. I hope you attend La Leche League meetings or have a good lactation consultant because sometimes it takes some getting used to (pumping, that is). Best of luck! I think it is EXCELLENT that you want to give your baby breastmilk- so many women don't give their babies this gift.

I used a $60.00 Madella which worked well, however, you can get the more expensive better Madella's as a rental through the hospital. I know that Morton Plant has a program to rent them, so I'm sure other hospitals might if you are closer to others. They are like $500 breast pumps that you can rent for like $20/month as long as you need it. Good luck!

As much as that one is popular, I would actually suggest the Ameda Purely Yours. At $150, its a great deal. (you may be able to find it as low as $140) It does pump both breasts at the same time, and it comes with two controls...one is for how hard the suction is and the other is for how fast, so you can match it to your babies rythem, which is more productive in collection of your milk...This is also the ONLY pump that protects breast milk from bacteria with thier Hygienikit System..no worries about changing the tubing or anything....This is also the only breast pump that is 100% backed up the FDA. There are ones that have the same options such as the carrying case and all, but after seeing mine, a diaper bag will do just as well. I got mine from http://www.amedababy.com/ and there is free shipping.

1 / 3