Breast Milk Coming in EARLY

I am 28 weeks pregnant today and wondering if any one else has had this problem. My milk has already started to come in. Im leaking ALOT! My bra is soaked, I have stains on my sheets. Should I start pumping? Is there anyway to lessen it till he comes?

I talked to the doc and she said basically what you all said. Dont pump, and wear pads. Ive already started the pads and they are helping. Thanks so much! Now to get blood sugar under control (Im hypoglycemic).

This is normal for some women. I suggest that you pump and donate to a milk bank (google that) for babies that are allergic to all formulas. It is what I did when my milk came in at 20 weeks. If you want to message me feel free.

DO NOT PUMP!!!!!

I had some small leakage not like you are describing. I would talk to your Doctor about it...

BUT PLEASE DO NOT PUMP...

when you pump it stimulates your body to release oxytocin..which is the body's natural hormone to induce labor....the synthetic is pitocin that they use in the hospital...

You are only 28 weeks if you go into labor now your baby your baby will have a fight ahead of him/her....seriously not trying to be mean or sound that way! I am an RN and work in a womens center....I just don't want you to think that it's ok to pumo b/c I read one of the comments said foryou to pump and freeze it....

But some breast pads for your bra's and you an buy comfy night time bra's for the pads....and talk to your dr about it at your next visit

just PLEASE PLEASE dont pump

I began leaking at 18 weeks! My doctor said it was a good thing. I of course was absolutely mortified when out in public and I would leak. Best advice stock up on breast pads.

oh yea did I have that problem!!! I started leaking when I was 5 months pregnant and although I did not nurse, I continued to leak until my daughter was about 1! Its not milk its colostrum. talk to your doctor about pumping it. In the meantime, wear a good bra 24/7 and go buy Lansinoh nursing pads to save your shirts, they're the only ones that work. And try not to let hot water in the shower spray on your breasts either it will only stimulate more "leakage"!

Just let it run its course because if you start pumping it can induce labor and at 28 weeks you dont want too go into labor this early it is way too early! But it is completly normaltoo have milk come in early!

Its most likely not milk, but colostrum. Which can come in early on many women, myself included. DO NOT pump, it could cause pre term labor, talk your OB if your concerned.I had to make sure my bra was snug, if I wore a loose shirt that brushed my nipples, they would leak down the front, it was icky. You could try getting some nursing pads though. that may help a lot! but DO NOT pump. You can hurt your baby!!

DO not Pump. it can bring on early labor. Breatfeeding or pumping stimulated the milk ducks and releases oxttocin which cause the uterus to contract.

It's not real milk yet. I was on a med that caused me to make "milk" and my baby was 11 yrs old
ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

1 / 3