Breakfast Ideas for Toddler/preschooler?

My daughter is 3 almost 4 and she hardly ever eats breakfast so I need some new ideas of stuff to make for her to try. Thank you for your ideas.

My daughter is not a big eater in the morning either. Smoothies work for her (I put protein powder for kids in it) almond milk and either fresh or frozen fruit blended all up. I can also get her to eat hot oatmeal or just a cut up apple or banana with some jelly/jam or peanut butter dip. She will munch on dry cereal... just make sure it is a healthy option.... not full of sugar! Yogurt is one of her favorites in general... and granola is a good option to either add to the yogurt, or to munch on dry or with milk. Good luck. It can be frustrating... I know!

I totally agree with the mom that suggested non-breakfasty foods for breakfast. Another thing we do is make fruit-laden rice puddings, muffins with fruits and/or veggies, or crisps with whole-grain oats. We have recipes that might be helpful on our blog, www.welcomingkitchen.com.

I haven't read all of the responses so I am sorry if I repeat something. Here's my idea's: english muffins (peanut butter is a good topping but you can use apple butter, almond butter, honey, butter with a little cinnamon), Pancake roll ups (sausage with a pancake wrapped around it), Muffins, berries with vanilla yogurt on top, breakfast pita pockets (pita, scrambled eggs, and whatever else you want..vege's, meat, cheese, etc), baked apples (I like mine with raisins, almonds and brown sugar), grits, bagel/cream cheese (they make mini ones), granola bars, biscuits w/honey, waffles (I put apple sauce in the batter), cottage cheese (with or without fruit)....honestly if I could eat breakfast for every meal I would. =)

Smoothies.
Oatmeal with raisins.
Pancakes and sausage on a stick.
Bowl of cereal--even dry cereal and a little cup of juice.
Yogurt tube.
Waffle.
French toast.
Carnation Instant Breakfast.

My daughter is almost 3 and here are some things that we do for breakfast. Yogurt (everyday, she asks for it), eggs (in many forms: scrambled, fried, hard boiled, poached, omletes filled with veggies), toast with different toppings (eggs, butter, PB, jelly, cinnamon), oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit, cheese slices with raisins and cashews (usually for a snack, but always in the AM), smoothies w/ yogurt and fruit in the blender, dry cereal, cream of wheat, granola bars, sometimes we bake muffins together and have those...we add fresh fruit when we have it. Good Luck with your little one!!

My daughter is the same age as yours and has never been a big breakfast girl. Every day since she was 10mos old, she's had a large cup on drinkable yogurt (the healthy ones--either stonyfield farms, yo baby, or lifeway kefir) and some fruit. I love the drinkable yogurt--you can throw it in a sippy and head out if you need to be somewhere and it;s healthy!

My 3 year old won't eat breakfast either. She will drink juice or milk and take her muliviatamin, but she refuses to eat. I bought a package of peanut buttter and jelly crackers and a package of assorted Club Crackers (grilled cheese, smoked cheddar, sour cream and chive, and peanut butter and honey). I let her pick one each morning and tell her if she doesn't want to eat it now, she can put it in her book bag or pocket and eat it when she's ready. Sometimes she eats it, sometimes she doesn't, but at least she has it if she does get hungry. This has worked out best for us. I've tried fresh fruit, making a PB&J, giving her cheese (she LOVES cheese) and a few other things, but none worked as well as this. The only other thing that consistenly works is if I make her a chocolate shake using Carnation Instant Breakfast. The problem with that is that I don't always have time to get up and make a shake before we get out the door on time. I've tried just making chocolate milk with CIB, but sometimes she doesn't want chocolate milk. Good luck.

Once our daughter was older she told us, she never cared for typical breakfast food..
She was pretty horrified at college that they do Breakfast for dinner.. She says it is like her worst nightmare. hee, hee...

She is still not a fan of it.. She will eat a turkey sandwich, some soup, cheese quesadilla. She would sometimes eat left overs like spaghetti, stew, chicken leg.. etc..

Keep in mind what your child REALLY wants to eat.. May surprise you and what is wrong with non typical breakfast foods?

1 / 3