Breakfast Ideas for 14 Month Old

I'm out of breakfast ideas for my 14 month old daughter. I try to give her the jarred baby food but she won't eat it so I usually give her what ever I eat for breakfast. I give her yogurt, cheerios, sometimes I will share a bagel with cream cheese with her, pancakes. I make her scramled eggs sometimes but she doesn't seem to like it much. I feel bad feeding her the same stuff everyday. I'm out of ideas please share your ideas!

I wouldn't give jarred baby food at 14 months old. We stopped that around 11 months. They can eat everything we eat (well, besides a couple of things) and it tastes much better! I suggest cheese pieces, waffles, oatmeal, cream of wheat, hash browns...the list goes on.

Good luck - their eating habits change often!

Fruit. Applesauce, peaches, pineapple chunks, pears, grapes (sliced in half so she doesn't choke), oranges, clementines, nectarines, avocodos, apples, plums, kiwis, strawberries, blueberries (watch out - they STAIN!), bananas,etc. My son has fruit nearly every morning.

Grain. Cereal, oatmeal (good with cinnamon), wheat toast, bagel, pita bread, tortilla (warmed, sprinkled with cinnamon and a tiny hint of sugar), English muffin, croissant, grits, cream of wheat, etc.

Veggies: who says you have to have them only for lunch or dinner? Sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, pumpkin, chickpeas (hummus - have with toasted pita points - YUM!), eggplant (baba ganouj - again, with toasted pita points - double yumm!), or whatever she likes.

Protein. Yogurt, egg (try hard-boiled - my son likes them like that), omelet (with cheese and shredded chicken), nut butters (if no allergies - you might want to wait until she is 18 months old), milk, or cheese.

Make sure she has at least two (three is better) of the above categories.

Some combos we like are:
Yogurt with frozen blueberries stirred in
Yogurt with granola ("Crunchy Yogurt")
Cereal with milk and a banana (or other fruit)
Egg and toast with a clementine
Oatmeal and applesauce (sometimes mixed together)
Omelet and peaches
French toast and apple slices
Sweet potatoes and bananas (good mashed together, warmed with cinnamon and brown sugar)
Mixed fruit (whatever I have on hand: kiwis, strawberries, oranges, apples, etc.) and toast
We always have milk to drink with breakfast.

Skip the jarred junk. Feed her what you eat - hopefully a healthy breakfast!! You just have to cut it smaller.

We do bananas, waffles, pancakes, any fruit, bagels, cherrios, muffins, toast, eggs, bacon, biscuits. Of course this isn't all in one day, LOL. We do a fruit and grain everyday.

Yes, it's good that you feed her what you eat. Try making whole wheat crepes, waffles, egg omelets, and whole wheat french toast.

love this question, my son is a big foodie just like his parents, i feed him 100% organic veggies and fruits, for breakfast he'll usually have some of his dads simple indian cooking, spinach and lentils with cumin and an egg, he loves eggs, i'll just boil one peel it and he walks around nibbling on it, i also feed him buckwheat groats with onions and mushrooms, or quinoa, or just some fruit, like banana or tubes with mixed veggies or fruits

Sounds to me that your are giving her variety. My kids are in school and have cereal and milk almost EVERY day. Occationally they want a bagel or toast. On the weekends I make pancakes.

my one year old ate a banana every morning. Other ideas that come to mind:

-scrambled eggs with lots of butter and mozarella cheese
- oatmeal
- french toast with a good whole grain bread, maple syrup not aunt jemima
- cereal. my son loved/loves dipping wheaties in yogurt
- make banana bread or any other kind of yummy breakfast bread

That all sounds good. Try adding cheese and vegigies to the eggs or veggies (like shredded carrot) to cream cheese. Oatmeal (real oats) is a fabulous breakfast ad a sash of jam gives it different flavors. I buy frozen whole grain waffles and offer yogurt for dipping. Sprinkle granola on yogurt and cereal. I aslo give toasted chees sometimes, just a slice of whole wheat breat with shredded cheese broile dint eh oven for a minute.

Jar baby food is gross and expensive. Just mash/dice some fruit and let her eat what you eat. Jarred baby food is a racket!

1 / 3