Breakfast Ideas 1 and 3 Year Olds.

I would like to know any good ideas for breakfast besides cereal and oatmeal. Specially for my 1 year old. My three year old eats almost anything that we at but I have a hard time finding what to give my 1 year old. Any good recepies that are healthy would hep so much. Thank you mommys.

Hi I am a stay at home mom of 4, here are a few ideas I have used. instant oatmeal with honey, bananas cut up and buttered wheat toast, scrambled eggs and sausage cooked and crumbled. Hope these ideas help. Have a great day!

My son is 1 year old also.

For Breakfast we usually give him:

Gerber Cereal Bar and Gerber Fruit Stars or Gerber sliced fruits (i'm lazy lol)

Mini Pancakes cut up and with some butter on them - no syrup
French Toast Sticks (I cut them up but you probably don't have to) - again no syrup

Kix or Cheerios also with fruit

That is pretty much all he gets right now. I wanted to wait a while on eggs. But the other ladies gave great ideas also!

My son is 1 year old also.

For Breakfast we usually give him:

Kix or Cheerios also with fruit

We have a boy and girl twins that just turned 12 months. They love cantelope, watermelon, blueberries, grapes (red), bananas, strawberries, kiwi, pears, apples. We cut them up. Usually slice grapes in half, cut up large fruits, they see to like larger pieces that they can hold onto. We were cutting everything small for them, but they like pieces they can hold. They also seem to like the eggos that half 4 sections I believe they are cinnamon eggos. And I have been making french toast with whole wheat bread and topping with cinammon sugar and they like that. They also love all yogurts. Are son is going through a phase of spitting out the fruit pieces, but our daughter will eat anything. They also enjoy banana bread, cheerios, and of all thing sausage breakfast sandwiches from Starbucks. She will eat scrambled eggs. I also tried making an omlete with egg, cheee and ham. They ate some. But in the end they mostly love any fresh fruit and yogurt.

Hi E.. By the time my sone was 1 yr old, he was eating table food (mashed up, of course, depending on what it was). Aside from oatmeal & cereal, I would give him a small scrambled egg, waffles, french toast, a biscuit with jelly, toast or hot cakes (with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice & a glass of milk.) I raised my son "old school" style...he way my parents raised us as per the physicians that were around when I was born (1965. Back then, the doctors had my mom start giving us baby food at the age of 3 m oths (beginning with fruits and then SLOWLY graduating to vegtables and then to meats (lamb, veal, turkey, beef, etc...) We (my brothers & sister & I, grew up very strong & healthy (never any broken bones....)My son is 13 and is 5'10 wearing a size 13 shoe...so dont worry that feeding a child the way I did mine will affect him in any way because my son is extremely hansome, buff & very, very, overly healthy! Good luck in finding other things to give your child for breakfast. NOTE: I read a response you received where it is suggested that you try smoothies. It was further suggested that you add fruits.... and maybe even an egg!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!! NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER GIVE YOUR CHILDREN RAW EGGS...HEY CAN GET VERY ILL DUE TO THE SALMENLELA/E- COLI BACTERIA!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids love it when I make toast (wheat bread) and smash up and smear a really ripe banana on it and top it with sliced strawberries. They think it's such a treat. Little do they know how healthy it is! I'm not sure when I first gave my son strawberries. (he's 21 months) Banana toast is good, too.

Another easy favorite is making homemade biscuits with "fluffy" eggs and cheese. We don't do this as often, but it's a nice change of pace. The biscuits are actually really easy and maybe a little better than the canned ones. (definitely cheaper!)

Use a pastry blender to cut in
1/4 cup butter flavor shortening and
2 cups Self Rising Flour
When it's good and cut-in, add about 2/3 cup milk or buttermilk if you have it (I rarely do)
It should be a good consistency to turn out on some flour. I roll it quickly and just use a knife to cut rectangles. Cook them for 6-8 minutes and start checking them. They're ready when they start turning golden.

They do not have the same consistency as a canned biscuit by any stretch of the imagination, but my kids LOVE them. Sometimes I add a little cinnamon and the kids eat them "as is".

Also, if you add a little more milk and drizzle just a little syrup in the mix, you can make pancakes (denser than normal actually) and you don't have the mess, but they taste yummy. Because they are slightly denser than traditional pancakes, I just give them to my kids as is and they eat them like they're holding a sandwich.

Can you tell I love food!?!

breakfast pizza
make bisquik and spread out to make dough cook till done add scrambled eggs and sausage and shreaded chees

My 14 mo old really likes the whole wheat toaster waffles....extra points if you can find the full fat whole wheat with blueberries:) and the YoBaby yogurt.

My one year old really like a single scrambled egg. And its really good for her too!:)

Muffins and Pancakes. They are a little messy but the kids love them.

1 / 3