Brake Fluid on Husbands Nice Pants

Hi Fabulous Women! My husband came home with brake fluid on his Dockers, and I have no idea how to get it out without leaving a stain. It isn't a color type stain, but just greasy looking. Thanks!

My dad swears by Break Cleaner. He says it will take anything out and not ruin the material. What better option for break fluid huh? Needless to say, I have never tried it personally, but my take on it is, the darn pants are ruined anyways.

I recently read an article on line for home remedies. It said to put salt on grease stains. Scrub with salt and water and let set for a little while then wash. I hope this works for you. I haven't tried it yet. Let me know if it does work. Good Luck

Try Zout. It works wonders on bike grease, baby oil, and all the other greasy stains I've tried it on.

spray and wash max. It took out foundation (make-up) from a white shirt. You can even use it on carpet.

This is going to sound crazy but I grew up with a father who is a mechanic so I know this works on a lot of grease stains...

Spray that puppy with WD-40. Not kidding. Just don't run the pants through the dryer after the first wash. Since the WD-40 would have washed out, it's not really a big deal if you forget; just one of my fears that a little of the WD-40 might be left. (Since it's petroleum based,it is also flammable.)

I can't remember for sure if I've used it on brake fluid stains but I know I've used it on various other grease stains.

i use "super clean" to get out greasy stains on our clothes and it works wonderful on alot of things other than clothing

I use Sol-U-Mel.

My husband works in landscaping and irrigation, so he's always coming home with different grease and oils stains. It works wonders. Plus, it's gotten red permanent Sharpie out of my son's khaki shorts.

The Sol-U-Mel is also a multi-use product. LOVE it!

I hope you find a solution that works for you!

Sincerely,
P.
www.Mamas2Mamas.com

I've got engine degreaser, & I'd use that if it were my hubby's pants-spray it on like Shout, covering the stain. WD40 would probably work too. Shout usually gets out most of my greasy stains, but I'd go a little more heavy-duty w/automotive stains-it's more heavy-duty than just a bacon or regular food stain.

1 / 3