Boys Names - Kingsport,TN

ok need help with boys names, hpoing and somewhat expecting a girl but didnt get her, a lil disappointed but no more than in normal everyday life still love this one just like the others but just never thought anything about boys names, not due till jan
edit
like unusual older type names already have 2 doys and a girl leaning towards irish/celtic/gaelic names if possible to find

ok i think we have settled on aidan connor thanks to all for your help

Grant! I believe it is Scottish and it means "great". I have an 8yr old Grant Henri and I NEVER hear other boys with his name.

Well, my boys are named Elijah and Sebastian...love 'em! Also love Issac and Benjamin. I was expecting a little boy but have since been told it's a girl so I know exactly how you feel!!

Have you looked in baby-name books/ websites? Checked out family trees? Had the "No way! I knew an Ian in school and HATED him... but I LIKE Ian" round and rounds with your partner yet?

I think it's better to be intrigued by a name you find in a weird way. Pick up a sports illustrated mag, it's littered with boys names. That's how I got landon's name. I read an article way way before the world cup Bout Landon donnovan. I just liked the name. And hubby did too. Also look to the male family members in your life. Maybe your maiden or mom's maiden name can swing for a first name ( Parker, Duncan, etc)

On a side note, you'll love having a boy!! I have two. Owen Brian and Landon Thomas. Brian and Thomas are my hubbys first and mid name. Good luck!!

If you haven't already, check out the site Baby Names of Ireland. It gives the story behind the names, if available. My kids are Conor, Cailin, Rory, and Emma Kathleen. I definitely understand leaning toward Gaelic and/or Celtic names. Congratulations and best wishes!

Boys are great! Especially yours. You'll love him! This reminds me of a friend of my daughter's who, when expecting her first, was told it would be a girl. Everybody, including the doctor, was so sure! Guess what happened? But they had a girl the next time. (And they had a wardrobe ready for her, too.)

Now is the time to start paying attention to boys' names. Just focus on what people say around you, and see how you respond emotionally to any name. Have fun playing around with name combinations. Also think: do you or don't you want to name your son after somebody special - a relative or a very close friend? Look online for lists of currently popular names; then look for lists of names that were popular fifty years ago. What goes around comes around, and what's been "too old-fashioned" will be considered wonderful in just a little while. My sons are Matthew David (named after my husband's grandfather and my dad) and Daniel William (named after my uncle and my husband's dad). Those names aren't specifically Celtic but are used in that part of the world.

Remember that your son will bring character to his name, not the other way around. If you hate the name Bill because your cousin Bill is a jerk, remember that your son won't turn out like his cousin just because they have a name in common. If you can free yourself from as much emotional baggage as possible, you can have more fun!

I love Irish celtic and Gaelic names as well. All the boys in my family have Irish names and we have kept the tradition going with our kids. Here's the boy names in my family:

Shaun
Patrick
Regan
Craig
Aedan
Brody

I also like the names:
Baird
Blane
Brogan
Broden
Cullen
Daegan
Declan
Dillan

Good luck with the name search and congrats on a baby boy!

My friend's husband is 100% Irish. She has 4 boys (desperately wanted the 4th to be a girl, but it is what it is & every baby is a blessing!). Her son's names are Declan, Finton, Liam & Killian.

1 / 3