Boys Kissing

My 4-year old boy is kissing other boys on the lips at daycare. He has a younger brother and is very affectionate with him also. He also has an older sister whom plays very well together, but not as affectionate. He looks at my younger son with loving stares sometimes. I have talked with him more than once about kissing others especially boys. What should I do or should I be worried.

Thank you! Well some of the teachers there are permissive (couldn't care any less). I had a fit because they didn't tell him anything at all or myself. My 6 year old told me. I was furious and they almost lost my business with 3 children. He still does it from time to time. I just sat him down and talked to him about kissing on the cheek,but not okay for anyone but family because of germs. But thank you for your input! **this was a mssg to one person, but is appropriate for all who replied, thanks again!**

We are in the same boat - have a very loving affectionet little boy who at home knows we kiss when we leave. Well, he started doing this with his friends and we are working on teaching we only kiss family. My husband showed him the "cool" way to say bye to his buddies - ie High Fives and shaking hands and such.

Good Luck!!

What should you be worried about?

If you don't like him kissing people outside of the family on the lips tell him, like the previous poster suggested, that he kiss on the cheek.

If you're worried for other reasons, then there are bigger issues. You need to stop and take a look at why you feel this inappropriate. He's just a kid. It doesn't mean anything other than he likes his friends. I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. Relax, he's just a little kid.

Ummm, no kissing on the lips is NOT ok. Sorry. It's how germs and diseases are spread (hello herpes!!) Not saying *your* child is spreading germs, but when they kiss on the lips it's a prime way to spread germs/diseases. And you don't want DS picking anything up from other kids.

I'll second Sindy in saying to teach him to kiss on the cheek, or maybe just hug. As far as the 'boys' thing, it's just being affectionate, that's a good thing!

How about teaching him to kiss on the cheek? Start it at home with you, hubby and siblings. Instead of making a big deal out of it or talking about it. Just make it a habbit (as best you can) that everyone only kisses each other's cheeks unless they are married. I have a four-year-old girl who is saving her hugs and kisses for her husband (at least that is what she tells us when we ask for one) LOL Good luck

What difference does it make if it's boys or girls? At this point, it isn't sexual, it's just affectionate. Don't be worried! Just teach your son that you don't kiss people who aren't in your family, or like another poster suggested, to kiss on the cheek. Don't scold him, because it's actually very sweet, but remind him regularly that kisses are for those in the family. You'll get there.

What should you be worried about?

Good Luck!!

just keep telling him that we cant kiss our friends on the mouth at day care. that those kisses are for his mommy daddy and family. it seems like you said hes just very affectionate and theres nothing wrong with it as long as its in an appropriate setting.

I know a lot of people suggested kissing on the cheek. But, a lot of schools discipline children for any kind of touching. The best thing to do is to teach keeping his hands and lips to himself. I know it sounds crazy but I have seen the way my son hugs others and has been hugged....they usually end of on the floor. It is more of a wrestle to the ground, then a hug. The daycare has several songs about keeping their hands to themselves..
http://www.songsforteaching.com/jackhartmann/s/hands2your...
Yo gabba gabba has one too.

It does not matter that is boys or girls, but at school, we do not kiss on the lips.. It is a germ issue..

He is still a little by and is affectionate, but once in school there are rules that we keep our bodies to ourselves..

1 / 3