Bottles That Don't Leak

hello moms,

I used Avent bottles for my first baby, am now expecting my 2nd. Even with their "changes", I find the fact that they sometimes leak very, very, very annoying. Can anyone recommend good bottles that DON'T leak and help with burping issues? I know Dr. Brown's has alot of extra pieces to it to clean but a friend of mine said she loves those bottles. Someone else loves Born Free.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Well, I don't think there is a bottle that will not leak. (even if they claim not to leak) All I did for my little one, I would fill the bottle with milk, and then use seran wrap (plastic wrap) and put that over the bottle before putting the lid on. Vualla! When it tips, no milk leakage. And, if you don't want to deal with plastic wrap, just get ziplock bags, put the bottle top in, then put the lid on. But that would cost a whole lot more than plastic wrap.
Hope that is helpful. I was just tired of getting everything wet with milk and being paranoid when my bag tipped.

Both Dr. Brown's and Born Free have worked well for us--no leaks. I hated the leaky Avent ones. Born Free is a little easier to clean but a bit more expensive. They have about the same number of pieces but the Dr. Brown's parts are smaller and can get gunk stuck in them if not cleaned promptly.

I used the playtex disposable liners. You sqeeze the air out so baby gets very little air. I tried everything but always came back to these. I used to mix the formula in a separate rubbermaid container and then pour it in.

Love the Born Free! I extensively researched bottles(about 18mos ago)when the BPA problem was really in the spotlight. I found that the drop-in bottles still had the potential for BPA exposure. This exposure was supposed to be EXTREMELY minimal and not a potential health hazard, but wasn't willing to take the chance when a BPA-free product existed.

The Born Free has a few extra pieces but have been great as far as leaks and burps for me and my sisters. I had used Avent previously.

I have a lot of Dr. Brown's which don't usually leak, however if you shake them up a lot they will leak out the side, if you just swish it around its fine. They really help keep burps to a minimum and are the best I've used so far. It is really annoying how many pieces they have, but you can throw everything in a basket in the dishwasher, so its not terrible.

I used Dr. Brown's with my second and they leaked bad, I just hated them. So I switched to Playtex drop-ins which is what I had used with my first and we both love them. No leaking, hardly anything to clean, easy, easy, easy.

I also liked Playtex drop-ins. My daughter could also hold the bottle herself at a very young age b/c she didn't need it to be tipped upward. It also made it easy to switch to sippy straw cups. I squeezed out the air and let her hold it while she sat up in a chair or stroller. Only down side is a lot of plastic, but I found out you can recycle them with your other plastic bags if you rinse them out. A hassle, but we really like to recycle whenever we can. I started with these after a nursing consultant at a seminar recommended them. She thinks they are closest to nursing too.

We used Playtex drop-ins and never had any problems.

I use the playtex ventaires- they're supposed to be very good for venting air out and avoiding gas. My girl had very bad gas issues and these seem to have helped. My friend loved Born Free bottles too.

1 / 3