Booo, Pampers Cruisers ...

Hi, I am on a mission to find a better diaper for my young one (he wears size 4). We used to use those Pampers Cruisers, and I thought they were just awesome. I buy them in super stock, so I didn't notice until I opened this new stock that they changed and cheapened the materials. I am SO ANGRY with them ... No indication in the box or anywhere that they were going to do this. THe price is the same, even though the materials are shoddy. I feel hoodwinked, and am making it a vow to NEVER buy any Pampers products EVER again ...

So what brand do you use...

Pampers Cruisers always gave my LO a rash so we use Pampers Baby Dry. Love them! No rash, no leaks and no blowouts. I will never use any other.

I've never liked the Cruisers. I use the Baby Dry for my (almost) 2 year old and have had great success with them. I get them from Sam's Club and they're cheaper that way than any of the store brands (when you look at the price per unit). I've switched my 4 month old to Luvs because Sam's doesn't carry regular size 2 in any diapers, and in "regular" stores, they are cheaper than Pampers. The Luvs work fine and aren't as bulky as the Pampers, but they do have more of a paper feel to them than the Pampers. Once he is into a size 3 though, I'll go back to the Pampers Baby Dry from Sam's because those are still cheaper than Luvs at the "regular" store.

The same thing happened to us. My daughter always had diaper rash problems, and the cruisers really worked for her. Then they changed them and I thought I had just purchased a mis-marked box or something. I bought another, smaller package of cruisers just to see what those were like, and that's when I realized that the old cruisers -- the good cruisers -- were gone. We use pampers baby dry now, and we are happy with them, but I still preferred the old cruisers. Huggies makes an all natural diaper which is very soft and cottony and really nice, but I think those are more expensive.

I always used pampers. sucks to hear they changed the material. :( I have several friends who used store brands though and said they worked just as well. I never tried simply because all the other diapers I tried besides pampers always leaked...but I may have just been unlucky. good luck!!!

Oh yeah. We're right there with you! We use Pampers - they are the only ones that come in a size 7 and my son is rather large (as in TALL). At this point we are seriously considering the force the potty training option, something we weren't doing because we know that can have negative repercussions. But at $40 a box for something that doesn't work...yeah.

One place we found the older version of Pampers was Babies 'r' Us near us. They don't turn over stock quickly so they still had some. Might run back there fast and see if they have some more today before we start the naked scream fest.

I've always heard Huggies are best for boys. I'm sure if you made a formal complaint with Pampers, they would reimburse you...it's at least worth a shot!

I was using the cruisers and had the same leaking problem. I switched to the Pampers Baby Dry they are so much better than even the original cruisers. Although we are potty training, I still put the Baby Dry on at night to combat leaks because he is a heavy sleeper. I can say that I absolutely hate Pampers Easy Ups pull ups though. Huggies are much better.

Cloth rocks! No scary chemicals next to baby and they are great on the pocketbook and earth!

I love Haute Pockets (great overnight)
Air Biscuits Cloth Diapers (great overnight)
TotWraps
BumJoy

Etsy.com has some cool ones too!

Do not get velcro as they can scratch and they curl in the dryer. I only have ones with snaps and my 20 months old can't get them off!

I also prefer the pocket style that comes with 2 stuffers and is OS (one sized - meaning each diaper adjusts to fit a baby from 8 to 38 lbs). You get 25 of the OS ones and that is all the diapers you will ever need!

Oh Yeah! I hear what you are saying. I actually weighed an old diaper and a new diaper. For size 5 there is a 28 gram difference between the old and the new for size 3 there is a 24 gram difference. The new type is that much lighter. Yes, I know I have too much time on my hands but I could not figure out why both my kids were suddenly leaking out of their diapers! My cousin noticed that most of the padding was removed from the top half of the diaper, it is only in the crotch now.

1 / 3