Books to Read Once They Are Born

Hello all! I have been reading books on pregnancy- now I am looking for any recommendations on once the child is born..what to do! FIrst months, or first years.... Please advise. I need to become educated! THank you so much for your time.

Thanks people! You are wonderful! GReat suggestions! THe two most recommended books were "What to Expect..the First year," and Dr. Sears- the Baby Book."

The BEST book is Baby 411. It is excellent and has everything you need! I read it while I was pregnant and then refrenced it once my son was born. I gave it as a gift to a friend of mine as well and she absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it!!

What to Expect the First Year and Baby 411 are great books to have as an easy reference for simply questions about daily life for the first year. I found them very helpful..

my favorite go to book for the first few months was Baby 411. I found it extremely helpful in explaining what to expect for those first weeks and beyond. my daughter is now 16 months and I'm reading What to Expect, the Toddler Years, which seems to be a good reference tool.

Good luck!!

you should read healthy sleep habits, healthy child by marc weissbluth. i would also go to growingchild.com and sign up for their 2 year news letter. each month you get a newsletter with info that pertains to your child at their specific age. it's great.

My favorite is "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. The no cry sleep solution is a great sleep book, and if you choose to breastfeed, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.

The book-- On Becoming Babywise by Dr. Gary Ezzo is amazing. It shows you how to set up a schedule for your baby/child which puts YOU in control of everything (when they go to sleep, when they wake up, when they nap, etc). We used the book for both of our kids and it is amazing. Both kids take two hour naps during the day (3 yrs. and 12 mo.) and go to bed at 8 pm. Gary Ezzo has a line of books..the first one focuses on babies, then the second focuses on toddlers, etc. You would probably want the baby one because it shows you how to set everything up. Amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Whisperer-Vol-1/dp/B00005V9IR/...

The Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg is a must have for sleeping and schedules.

Like many others who have posted, I found "What to Expect the First Year" very helpful.
Also, I recently bought a book written by a woman I know, Pam Allyn, called "What to Read When" which deals with reading to, with and for your child. It is broken down into age appropriate and situation appropriate books. It is a wonderful resource for any parent who is interested in raising a child to have a lifelong love of books. It's really wonderful.

Definitely read the "Baby Whisperer." That's about the baby and parenting but you can and should start reading it before s/he is born so that you get certain things right as they begin. -N

Good luck!!

The Baby Book by Dr. Sears is great! I would also recommend a book for your postpartum care - such as Natural Health after Birth by Aviva Romm. Best of luck to you!

1 / 3