Boiron Chestal Honey for Cough?

Has anyone used Boiron Chestal Honey for cough? My 2 year old has a runny nose and a cough. We are already doing the humidifier in his bedroom, Vicks on his chest, and Benadryl before bedtime. Just wondered if it might also be good to give him some of this cough syrup. It's homeopathic, otherwise I wouldn't be trying it, but not sure if it's appropriate or works? Feedback?

Have you heard of Sinupret? It's an all natural liquid that you can get a CVS. It's pricey but helped my boys and my husband SO much. Dried them out after the 2nd dose and kept them from getting really sick. I highly recommend it.
Best Regards,

I've had great success with this syrup over the past couple of years with my daughter (almost three years old). She doesn't tolerate most over the counter cough medications (dextromethorphan gives her nigthmares). I usually don't have to use the two hour dosing...can stretch it to three or four.

I give my 5 year old honey and it does work well. They do recommend that babies under 1 not take it. I would also ask your doctor about this. The reason for not giving honey is that it can harbor botulism spores. So be sure to double check with your doctor as to whether this is safe for your particular child.

Pure Honey of any kind is very good for a cough. No need to spend extra money on some "special" honey. Not sure what Boiron Chestal Honey is, but the best thing is PURE honey with no additives. Honey sticks to the mucus and runs it through your body. It works for young and old. Just don't give honey to a baby under 1.

My mom used to give me and my brother Honey on a spoon with some ginger on it. Some how it works. it coats the throat to help cut the phlem. Not sure if you can do honey yet??

yes, but i would but buy the adult one. it is the same amount of ingredients but cheaper (look at the back of them) i wouls skip the vicks and benadryl though, that stufff is gross and homeopathy works best without interference and though I am not positive I would assume that bith of those would be a no no. Why are you doing the banadryl? to stop his runny nose? He has a runny nose because he is sick and his body is riding the toxin. It is best to not try to stop that process. The body is going to rid it one way or the other. If you supress it one way it will come out another. Please let the body do what it naturally does when it is ill

Hyland's also makes a homeopathic Cough Syrup w/honey, and they make a homeopathic Cold n Cough for multisymptoms like your describing. Benadryl is for allergies, and although most doctors approve it for children 2 yrs and older (for allergies) it really shouldnt be used to "help children sleep" with cold symptoms, or to stop runny noses.

They sell the Hyland's brand at Jewel/Osco. It was recommended to me and has been in business since 1903, so we trust it.

Good luck! I know it is so hard to watch your little one's be sick.

Yes, I use it for me and my kids. I love that you can give it to the little 2 years olds, and it doesn't taste all "medicine-y". And you can use it like every 2 hours if needed. It has helped us and I recommend it.

1 / 3