Boils

Hey ladies, it's me again. Do anyone have a home remedy for boils? I see all these products on the internet, but I'm scared to try them. I usually take antibotics, but I don't want to get resistant to them. I even heard when you get them lanced, they still can come back. Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

My husband kept getting a boil and I used the information at this website. It's home remedies.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Boils.html

We found that if he soaks in a very warm tub with Epsom Salts it helps most if he has developed a boil. He quit drinking sodas and did the orange juice fast and then started eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. This kept the boils from repeating. Good luck!

In my Prescription for Nutritional Healing it says that boils are results from a staph bacteria infection.The infection begins in the deepest portion of a hair follicle, or in an oil-producing sebaceous gland, and works it's way up to the skin's surface. Poor nutrition, illness that has depresssed immune function, diabetes mellitus, poor hygiene, and the use of immunosuppressive drugs are common contributing factors. Boils are contagious. The pus drains when a boil opens can contaminate nearby skin, causing new boils, or can enter the bloodstream and spread to other body parts. A carbuncle is a cluster of boils that occurs when the infection spreads and other boils are formed. The formation of a carbuncle may be an indication of immune depression. Without treatment, a boil usually comes to a head, opens, drains, and heals in ten to twenty-five days. With treatment, symptoms are less severe and new boils should not appear.

The Nutrients you should be getting daily that is essential are as followed: Colloidal Silver-Apply topically as directed on label(A natural antibiotic and disinfectant.Destroys bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Promotes healing),Garlic-2 capsules a day 3 times daily(A natural antibiotic that potentiates immune function). Some Very Important Nutrients you should be getting as well are Vitamin A, C, and E; zinc.

Recommendations:
-Use a cleansing fast to clear the system and rid the body of toxins that may cause boils.
-To relieve pain and help to bring the boil to a head, apply moist heat three or four times a day. Wet a clean towel or sterile gauze pad with warm water and apply it to the boil. Place a heating pad or a hot water bottle on top. Do this for twenty minutes 3-4 times a day. Use a clean towel or fresh gauze each time to prevent spreading the infection. Warm Epson salts baths are also good.
-Do not cover boil with an adhesive bandage, but do acoid irritation, injury, or trauma to the affected area. To avoid sweating, do not exercise or engage in strenuous activity until the boil heals.
-Keep the skin clean. Wash the infected area several times a day and swab it with antiseptic. You can also apply honey directly to the boil. Vitamin A and E emulsion, applied directly on boils, is helpful. Clay packs and/or chlorophyll are also good. Both of these can be found in health food stores. Apply them directly to the boil with a sterile gauze pad.
-Charcoal capsules made into a paste and applied to the boil will help draw out the infection. Break open 2 capsules of charcoal and mix with just enough water to make the paste.
-Belladonna, a homeopathic remedy, helps reduce swelling and inflammation. Another homeopathic remedy, Calcarea sulphurica, is useful if a boil has opened and is draining but is not healing properly.
-If a boil is very large, persistent, or recurrent, consult your physician. surgical incision and drainage may be necessary. severe cases may require bed rest.

Considerations:Boils may be symptomatic of a more serious infection within the body. They should always be treated with care, especially if they are accompanied by other symptoms, such as a fever or poor appetite. Boils should not be squeezed or punctured prematurely. In very serious cases, boils may need to be incised by a doctor. A doctor may prescribe an oral antibiotic. These drugs have side effects, however, It is best not to use them unless other measures fail.The area around a draining boil (especially on the face) may be protected with a prescribed antibiotic cream to help prevent complications such as septicemia or meningitis. Over the counter antibiotic ointments are ineffective for boils and should be avoided.

-----------------------------------------------

There is so much more but I just gave the basis. I can send you a scanned page if you'd like. If anyone else has an ailment I can look it up and see what it says to do as well. I have had these and they are clearing up very nicely.

hello, this one hits the spot. My mother kept getting boils. I thought it may be because she is over weight and all. My mother got theses boils she would irritate and squeeze. Wrong thing to do..see your doctor and get the right medication. What ever you are on is not working for you the reason why I say this My mother almost died this bacteria consquently turned to spaph infection, which she still was stubborn and didnt get it treated right away turned to flesh eating disease. My mother inner thigh had to be cut off and then she had a skin graph to replace the other bad part. When my mother was being treated they gave her some medication for everything that was wrong. Still she was gettings boils when she got out of the hospital. Only now that she changed doctors and he gave her some cream and anibotic and its GONE!!My mother is so relieved and so much more cheerful. Im so glad the doctor got her on the right stuff. I will find out more what its called if you would like. But just a suggestion. We had a hard time with this so I know how unbearable they can be.

What is MRSA?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium that causes infections in different parts of the body. It's tougher to treat than most strains of staphylococcus aureus -- or staph -- because it's resistant to some commonly used antibiotics.

The symptoms of MRSA depend on where you're infected. Most often, it causes mild infections on the skin, causing pimples or boils. But it can also cause more serious skin infections or infect surgical wounds, the bloodstream, the lungs, or the urinary tract.

Understanding MRSA
MRSA is called a "super bug" because infections are resistant to many common antibiotics. Here's what you need to know about drug-resistant staph:

MRSA: The Basics
MRSA Prevention
MRSA Symptoms
MRSA Detection and Treatment
Though most MRSA infections aren't serious, some can be life-threatening. Many public health experts are alarmed by the spread of tough strains of MRSA. Because it's hard to treat, MRSA is sometimes called a "super bug."

What causes it?
Garden-variety staph are common bacteria that can live on our bodies. Plenty of healthy people carry staph without being infected by it. In fact, 25-30% of us have staph bacteria in our noses.

But staph can be a problem if it manages to get into the body, often through a cut. Once there, it can cause an infection. Staph is one of the most common causes of skin infections in the U.S. Usually, these are minor and don't need special treatment. Less often, staph can cause serious problems like infected wounds or pneumonia.

Staph can usually be treated with antibiotics. But over the decades, some strains of staph -- like MRSA -- have become resistant to antibiotics that once destroyed it. MRSA was first discovered in 1961. It's now immune to methicillin, amoxicillin, penicillin, oxacillin, and many other antibiotics.

While some antibiotics still work, MRSA is constantly adapting. Researchers developing new antibiotics are having a tough time keeping up.

Who gets MRSA?
MRSA is spread by contact. So you could get MRSA by touching another person who has it on the skin. Or you could get it by touching objects that have the bacteria on them. MRSA is carried, or "colonized," by about 1% of the population, although most of them aren't infected.

Infections are most common among people who have weak immune systems and are living in hospitals, nursing homes, and other heath care centers. Infections can appear around surgical wounds or invasive devices, like catheters or implanted feeding tubes. Rates of infection in hospitals, especially intensive care units, are rising throughout the world. In U.S. hospitals, MRSA causes up to 40%-50% of staph infections.

Community-Associated MRSA (CA-MRSA)
But MRSA is also showing up in healthy people who have not been living in the hospital. This type of MRSA is called community-associated MRSA, or CA-MRSA. The CDC reports that in 2003, 12% of people with MRSA infections had CA-MRSA.

Studies have shown that rates of CA-MRSA infection are growing fast. One study of children in south Texas found that cases of CA-MRSA had a 14-fold increase between 1999 and 2001.

look on WEBMD FOR mrsa, I think once one person gets it everyone around them is sceptible=)

Try some Tea Tree Oil. It's in a little bottle in the vitamin section. I like the smell, my son hates it. We put it on acne, boils and scrapes, cuts, etc.
Works remarkable.
L

A boil is staph infection hon and you need to at the very least use antibiotic cream but with all that is going on right now with staph infections you should have it looked at.

I work with a wellness company and we have products to help with your situation specifically and will make a difference. Would be more than happy to share the info. with you more in detail, just let me know.

I know you will think this is nutd, but my grandparents always told me that you could both cure and prevent boils by eating a handful of raisins every day. I used to get boils once in a while, and even my doctor confirmed that the raisins do help. Now, if they get infected, you will need to have them lanced, but before they infect if you will just eat a handful of raisins and maybe a hot compress a couple of times a day, the boil will go away.

I know this will sound weird but i get them all the time and this is the only thing i have found to really work. you take tumeric and ginger,equal parts,mix with enough water to make a paste,put on boil and cover with bandage it should be completely gone in 1-2 days and wont return.hope this helps!

1 / 3