Board Games - Cherryville,MO

I am looking for indoor, sit down games I can play with my little ones, ages 5 and 6. We do uno and go fish A LOT! Also, they enjoy candy land, chutes and ladders, and hi ho cherry o, but I am looking for something more. My son is REALLY into star wars and anything to do with swords. Suggestions?

I always liked "Guess Who". Good for kids b/c they have to learn to listen "Do you have red hair?" "No" so they put down all the faces with red hair. Requires some thinking if you are trying to eliminate a lot of faces in a couple of guesses.

Also -- MEMORY is fun. They make memory for Toy Story and other shows/themes. I just did an amazon search for Memory with Star Wars - only thing that came up was on amazon for the UK.

My grandmother just bought my girls a trivia game called, "That's wrong, that's right." My kids LOVE it. They have it for different age groups (mine are 1st and 3rd grades). The idea is that there is a trivia question with two possible answers. They have to choose the WRONG answer (and some of them are very funny). I was surprised that they loved it so much, but somehow having to give the wrong answer, especially if it's a silly answer, really captures their attention.

And, in the Bad Mommy category, I also taught my girls how to play Poker. They play with dimes, nickels and pennies. There is something really hysterical about a 5 year old looking her big sister in the eye, shoving 50 cents in change into the middle of the table, and as deadpan as she possibly can manage, saying, "I'm all in."

The brand "Think Fun" has some GREAT games for kids, board games or games they can do just with 1 person.
We LOVE their games...and it builds cognition and problem solving.

My kids, loves the "Rush Hour" game... and were playing it since 2 years old, although it is also an adult level game, for example.

I REALLY REALLY recommend, this brand of games. VERY good.
And both kids AND adults can play.

We have the Hoppers, Chocolate fix, Rush Hour, and many more.
It is all FUN!

You can check it out at Amazon, and read the many reviews of it there.
Barnes and Noble bookstore, also has these games.

good luck,
Susan

monopoly Jr - they have a star wars edition!

We also LOVED:
*scrabble Jr
*jenga
*mancala (I still don't understand this game, but my daughter LOVES it and started playing in 1st grade.)

There are so many great board games out there for little kids. I know you'll get a lot of suggestions for things you can buy in stores, so I'd love to give you some suggestions through Discovery Toys. The games are fun, but also educational, and not available in stores. You can get them at http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/karenchao Here are two of my favorites for kids ages 5 and 6:

A to Z Junior: http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/esuite/control/product?P...

Money! Money! http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/esuite/control/product?P...

Have fun!
http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/karenchao

I grew up with all those faves too - Candyland, Sorry, UNO, chutes and ladders, connect four, life, and pick up stix. I also played the card game war with my mom and we built houses out of the cards. That was fun. Mancala is fun and you can make it out of an egg container so you get a craft in there too. I don't know about Star Wars games but I'm sure they have them. I say you've got games pretty well covered, why not start more crafts and teaching them to cook. I wish I had your patience. Playing board games with my 3 and 4 yr old wears me out!

lots of good answers here. Cranium Cariboo is very cool, has a treasure chest that opens up when you win. Its easy could be played by some 3 year olds Maybe your six year old would think it too easy? I think there's one called Cranium Junior

Cranimum makes some great games. Zooreeka, comes to mind.

Other thoughts...
Mancala
Connect Four
Sorry
Trouble
Memory (comes in all kinds of themes)

1 / 3