Blurred Vision, Right Side Numb

This morning when I got up, I felt a little dizzy and my vision was blurred (both eyes). I couldn't focus enough to see clearly. This lasted on and off for about 20-30 mins. Then after that, I was standing in the kitchen fixing my daughter's hair. When I finished that, I started to walk away to go get my shoes. All of a sudden my right arm, right leg, and the right side of my chest/abdomen were numb. My husband had me lay on the bed & he got me some water. The numbness didn't last long, maybe one minute if not less.

My husband thinks I was just dehydrated. My sister and mom think it may have been a small stroke.

I've been working with a company cleaning houses, and have to spend some time outside in the heat. I don't normally drink as much water as I should be during the day. So dehydration is highly likely. Also, my husband said I was sleeping on my right side all night, so that could have had something to do with the numbness. After drinking some water, I was ok. I even went to work and did ok, other than being tired (didn't get enough sleep last night).

My mom is going to be calling our doctor's office tomorrow to see what they think.

Could this just be dehydration, or something else?

My mom called our doctor's office this morning and spoke to a nurse about my symptoms. She said it was probably just a pinched nerve (from sleeping on my right side all night), and possibly some dehydration. She said if I had had a severe headache that wouldn't go away, then it might have been a stroke. But I was completely fine soon after all of this happened. I was able to speak, walk, laid on the bed when my husband told me to, and I also sat up and drank water just fine.

Thank you for all of the responses and concern! I am taking a frozen bottle of water with me to work now so that I can have cool water to drink.

Get to an emergency room now!!!! What you are experiencing is a stroke. You can have serious consequences. Go, go , go
to the nearest emergency room now and demand that you have a cat scan or an mri to rule this out

Go to a hospital. Now. The internet is no place to go at a time like this.

It sounds like a small stroke, but I would get to my ER and have a cat scan or MRI done ASAP. What if you have a blocked vessel and that was just the beginning of something worse? You need to get seen immediately - it might be something they can solve now - if you wait, it might be too late. Have you had any chest pain or headache? Tell the ER if so.

I had a stroke when I was 21. I had zero risk factors, healthy weight, etc. The Dr's think it was because I was on the birth control pill and got very dehydrated. I had a stronger stroke than what you are describing and had residual health problems as a result for life. I was told I could never get pregnant - as death would be inevitable. As a result, it took years of dr consultations, etc, to finally figure out that I could have kids, but I'm high risk and it's not been an easy journey. I see you have one 3 year old and if you want more, I would take this seriously.

Please take my advice, run - don't walk - to probably your local hospital ER so they can check you out. It's not worth messing around with.

Absolutely, you need to go to the ER and/or see a doctor right away. You have classic signs of a stroke, or other dangerous neurological problems. If you are having a stroke, or CVA, you have a limited time (sometimes under 4 hours) to get medicine to possibly stop the stroke. Please don't take this lightly. Dehydration is more likely to cause muscle cramps than the symptoms you have had. By the way, I'm a physical therapist who has worked with many people post-stroke. I'll be praying for you and hoping it's not something serious!

i have a sim prob. get the dr to check you b6 and b12. if it is low or high it can cause prob. i'm going to see a neuro soon to see if there is something else going on with me. my right leg started burning just any time and now it is more so i need to get checked hope all goes well but make them do the blood work my b12 was low

Get checked out! Just in case! Stroke is not something to mess with!

S.,

I'm not a doctor but I'm very educated in the body and natural wellness. You should of course, start investigating the possible cause....one thing you shouldn't overlook is the possibility of toxic overload since you work for a cleaning service. Do your own due diligence and start reading the side effects and chemicals used on the cleaning products you are being exposed to.
Your home is actually the most toxic place you live in.
You may want to check this website:
www.TheCosmeticConspiracy.com/movement

Take care,
Rebecca

I think you should see a doctor ASAP. My dad had a stroke last fall, and he has lost his peripheral vision on his right side. Please go get it checked out.

1 / 3