Blue, Purple Feet in My 7 Month Old Son Please Help ASAP

over the past couple of week we have began to really notice that my sons feet are constantly purple or blue. they are always freezing. his hands have start to become the same way but not as often. i mean everyday all day his feet are purple or blue. no matter if he is bundled in clothes and nice and warm his feet are still freezing and the same color. i can push on them and they turn white for about 10-15 seconds then return to the blue color.

should this be something that i need to see a physician about ASAP or is it something normal

also i forgot to add that his legs have become swollen over the past couple of week also.

PLEASE see a pediatrician IMMEDIATELY!! Take him to the hospital NOW if you cannot get in to one. Seriously.....go now!!! Stop reading and GO!!!

Take him to the Doctor.
This week.
Tomorrow.
Take photos even, to show the Doctor, if it comes and goes.

It could be a circulatory issue that he'll grow out of. BUT, it could also be an indication of a heart problem. It's very very important that you get him to the doctor right away. This isn't something you want to wait on. If it's no big deal, than at least you'll know. However, if it's something serious you want to find out NOW.

I've always been told this may indicate a heart condition. See a doctor.

Yep, I'd go to the doc asap, sounds like a circulatory problem.

I would take him to a pediatrician right away. My nephew who is also 7 months, has had this problem since birth. They found he had a major heart defect and he had surgery recently.

Take him to the Doctor.
This week.
Tomorrow.

Take him to the doctor / ER / Urgent care ASAP!!!! NOW!

Could be a sign of a heart problem. (Coarctation of the aorta comes to mind) Please do not wait!! GO now!!

Why are you still reading this?!! Go NOW!!

Yes, I would schedule an appointment sooner than later. Sounds like there's some circulation issues going on. Good luck!

1 / 3