Bloating, Period and Pregnancy

Has anyone been pregnant that wasn't very far along and still had a period? I am on my period now but am VERY VERY bloated and have never felt like this before and I swear I look 5 months pregnant. I am having stomach ache pains and very gassy. I have been trying to get pregnant but since I started I didn't think I was but the way I look you would think I was having twins. What can I do to relive the pain and bloating?

pain bleeding and pregnancy is never a good sign, go to the dr or er right aawy!

Go to the Doc! I started bleeding when i was about 12 weeks pregnant and i had placenta previa. It healed and my baby was fine but i had to go on bed rest (it's the only way to stop the bleeding) So go get checked out. Bleeding during pregnancy is not normal. Some woman do bleed when the egg is implanting and that can cause cramping too. So i would take a pregnancy test if it says your pregnant then go to the doc because it's not a period. If it says your not pregnant then you a probably just having a really bad period.

Do you even know if you are or could be pregnant? Have you taken a test?

Go to the doctor right away!

Wow, you sort of sound like my last pregnancy. But I didn't know I was pregnant yet. Here's what happened to me:
We'd been trying for a few months, and each month I'd do the two-week wait before I tested. But the night before I could test, I'd always get my period.
Then one month, my period came early by about a week. I thought it was strange, but figured that at least I'd shifted my cycle a week earlier, so next time I'd be a whole week closer to getting pregnant. But it was lighter than usual and only lasted 4-5 days (usually mine are longer, lucky me). I started wondering if it was implantation bleeding but didn't want to get my hopes up. But the night before I could take a pregnancy test, my breast started hurting really bad and I got my hopes up! The next morning I got a positive test.
Not too long after that, I got so bloated that it felt like I was much farther along. When I lay on my stomach, it felt like I was about 4 months along. I'd never been bloated before. It was awful. But after about a week it went away.
I don't know your timing, if you've already gotten a positive test or what. But if my story sounds like yours, you're probably fine. If anything is out of order (like positive test, then bleeding) you should see a doctor.

I can't say that I have experienced this, but I do think you need to get to the doctor ASAP! Especially if you thought you were pregnant, it is better to get it checked out by your OB than to wait for the symptoms to go away. I never take any chances with my body. I don't go to the doc often, but when there is something really weird, I go just to have peace of mind.

1 / 3