Bloating and Csection

I had a baby 6 1/2 mos ago by c-section. I know it takes time to get rid of baby belly, but my pregnancy was concentrated in my tummy and I lost 90% of it already. Looking at me ordinarily you could not tell I just had a baby. The nagging 10% I am working on, however, I notice that during my period I get bloated more than usual and it makes me look double the size I was again as if 4-5 mos pregnant and it's the pooch in the belly only. It's like inflating and deflating a balloon. Does anyone know if the c-section and trapped air has anything to do with it or having a 2nd child and the extra skin. I was really having hope that I am losing the baby weight, but this is a constant reminder that I still have a lot to work on. Any thoughts to ease my worries.

Bloating can relate to a yeast infection. Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates(breads, cereals, crackers, cookies, pasta)sugars and carbohydrates feed yeast and fungus. Eat raw vegetables and probiotics(yogurt and acidophilus pills)sauerkraut. Digestive enzymes from the health food store might also help.

Love and luck,

I needed a liposuction to get rid of that..... but it did work!

I had a c-section too - it's not the surgery that left all the muscles in your core all stretched out and squishy. I'm acutally in physical therapy now for lower back pain (was an issue before the pregnancy - is now worse) and they've got me doing an exercise that's really helping tone up my lower abdominal muscles called a pelvic tilt. It's easy you just lay or press your lower back against a flat surface and then try to press the small of your back against the floor by only contracting your abdominal muscles. Even just holding that for 5 seconds 5 times in a row made the muscles sore but they are toning up nicely and it's an easy exercise to do before bed or in the car.

Talk with your OB/GYN. This site is not for medical advice.

Hi, P.. I didn't have a C-section, but I know that after pregnancy, it's much harder for women to lose weight. Also, you are not the same hormone-wise after pregnancy as you were before. It's a very common thing for women to gain more water weight and bloating around the time of their periods after the baby is born.

If you're concerned about those last 10 pounds, you might talk to a nutritionist or a doctor and find out what might be holding you back. Don't do any crazy diet things -- it will just backfire on you.

Peace,
Syl

Our bodies definitely change with each pregnancy physically and hormonally so what your probably experiencing I would guess is related to the hormone shift for your period. Bloat is pretty common for a lot of women around their period. I didn't lose all the pregnancy weight until right before the 1 year mark. It takes 9 months to gain it so we have to give our bodies time to lose it.

I had my third child a year and a half ago and for the first year every time I got my period my stomach would do the same thing. It takes a long time for your uterus to shrink back down to normal size. Each month it was a little better but it did take awhile. Good Luck!

1 / 3