Bloated Stomach 6 Months After Havng a Baby

I have a strange situation. I have 3 children. My 2nd and 3rd are 12 months apart. I realize that I may still have a some "baby fat" from being pregnant however my stomach still looks like I am 4 1/2 months pregnant! Even stranger though is that the rest of me is thin. I have been trying to watch what I eat and trying to excercise when I could (not too often. As I said, I am thin everywhere else and always was. When I lay flat it diminishes a little, it just looks flabby (I know I can't fix that without surgery). My doctor is quite insistant that it is just the way it is and excercise may help a little but a tummy tuck is the only thing to help and I will say right now, that isn't an option!
Does anyone have any advice?

It is not a strange situation. My two youngest are 15 months apart. The baby will be 5 in June. I still have the flabby tummy but am thin every place else. I am very athletic and am now enrolled in a boot camp class. As much as I eat healthy and workout, it still seems to be there. The only alternative is to have a tummy tuck to get rid of the extra skin. THAT I am not doing. It will just have to stay for me.

Some women just have a belly after pregnancy. Keep working out and there may be some result but don't expect perfection.

I just met this lady at her place off of union square, NYC, Maternal Fitness, SpaBebe, and I bought her dvd and splint to correct my diastsis. you can look on their web site for info:

julie tupler, RN

Julie is a Registered Nurse, NCSF Certified Trainer and a Certified Childbirth Educator. She has authored two books that quickly became a leading resource on pregnancy and postnatal recovery: Maternal FitnessĀ®...Preparing for a Healthy Pregnancy, an Easier Labor, and a Quick Recovery and Lose Your Mummy Tummy.

That "mommy tummy" is due to a separation of your diastisis. Dieting won't help. You have to do exercises to close your diastisis. It's the separation of your muscles in the front. For more info go to www.maternalfitness.com
You don't have to buy anything but it will give you information. Hope that helps.

get a stability ball. mine was $10 at walmart. I too have the 3-3 1/2month prego look-and my son is 2-and im skinny everywhere else as well.

the ball helps tighten up your core-even if your just sitting on it to fold laundry! most brands come with a chart of excrcises you can do for certain parts of your body. if you combine it with light weights start at 2/3 and work your way up to 8lbs max this will tone your arms and core as well.

this SHOULD help. but take it easy and dont go untill you hurt.

if you need more ideas i'll see what i can come up with,
hope this helps,

I read some of the responses to your request. I agree with pilati's and other exercises for your core muscles. Keep watching your diet and exercise, but I have another idea. I am going to sound like a commercial, so bear with me. I sell a home spa device called the Galvanic Spa. It can do three things. First, it can iron out wrinkles on the face to make you look 10 years younger in 10 minutes. Second, with repeated use and special jells(2 - 3 months), it can reduce the amount of cellulite in various parts of your body. The giggle under your arms, your thunder thighs, your wiggly belly, etc... become firmer and less noticeable. The third thing is that it can help to regrow the hair, again with special jells and with repeated use (3 - 6 months). The second application is the reason why I am mentioning the product to you. To see before and after pictures and read more about the Galvanic Spa, go to www.Galvanic2.com. You can also learn about it on my website at www.S..nseDreams.com. My contact information is there.

Don't listen to your doctor. You had 2 babies in 13 months. Of course your stomach is going to take some extra time to get to where you want it. Just keep working at it, I'm sure you'll get at least close to where you want to be.

My friend recently sent me a packet about the Mummy Tummy (technical term is diastasis). It is caused by the separation of the outermost abdominal muscles during pregnancy. The separation is why we show earlier second pregnancies. Doing crunches can make the separation larger, but a Tupler Workout can fix it. Maybe you can find more information online, and I think there is a book out there somewhere. Good luck!

The belly pouch is from your muscles being stretched by pregancy. The best thing that someone told me while I was pregnant was to get a stretchy girdle to wear after birth. Ace (the bandage manufacturer) also makes something that is stretchy and used by people after abdominal surgery. It helps to push excess air and gas out of that area as well as "re-training" your belly muscles. Of course, you should also start (when your doctor says it is okay for you to start) an aerobic exercise program to burn off excess fat. Crunches are very good for targeting the belly area but is not a substitute for a good 1/2 hour sweat-fest.

Hi - I don't know if this will help, but first let me say that your body is still recovering!! even though you lost most of the 'baby fat' your body is still a little stretched out from carrying those 2 babies so close together. Your pelvic bones, muscles and ligaments need some time to adjust...that being said, have you tried wearing support garments? ( a girdle?) one lady told me after my 1st baby to wear a girdle to 'train' the abdominal muscles back into place. She was a bit of an older lady, those things were probably more in style when she was young, but I did try it. It did work a little. When you wear it, it makes you stand up straighter and kind of hold your abs in, so that even when you take it off it still feels like you are wearing it. I did notice a difference. You could just try wearing it around the house for a few hours a day, you don't have to wear it all the time or go out with it on. For a small amount of $ you can get one on sale, I think it's worth a try!

1 / 3