Blistery Rash on Toddler

My daughter had was the doctor says is "suspicious"
of chicken pox. She is 22 months and has about 8 blistery spots with itching. She is not letting it bother her. Last week she was clingy though. She had the vaccination at 12 months. I am not sure it is chicken pox, does anyone know of any other "rash" that is similar?

Thank you Tanya, I saw Dermatologist today and that is exactly what she has. I was given retin A to "irritate" the bumps because that is what clears them up. I was also told of another very expensive prescription if the retin a does not work well enough. I am so relieved that I don't have to worry anymore. Thank you Tanya!!!! Moluscum Contageous, usually in children...sometimes adults and it is viral. Thanks to everyone else too, what a great site!!

C.:

My daughther had a similar thing, blistery and itchy, but only in the diaper area including tighs and part of the back of the leg close to her bootie. The dr told me it was a yeast infection and that is common in babies and toddlers her prescribed a cream, Vusion. As soon as I applied the cream I saw improvement she still has a bit but a 100% better than when we took her to the dr. He said it would last about 2 weeks, it has been only 1 but it is almost gone. Hope this helps.

O.

Check out artilces about Moluscum, it's a virus which has been linked to chicken pox and it is common. It can be spread easily and can last from a couple of months to a couple of years. there are creams to help prevent it from getting worse. See a dermitologist

My daughter had spots like that twice, but they were in her girly area. First it was a Yeast Infection (becuase she was on antibiotics) and then the second time it was a Staff infection.

I am sure your doctor would have recognized this, but foot and mouth disease often goes through young toddlers in the warmer months, and looks a lot like chicken pox. When my son got it the first time, he was staying at my mother-in-law's and she called to say he had the chicken pox, but it was really foot and mouth disease. Kids in daycare are particularly susceptible.

we just went through something almost the same with my nephew the doc said that it was coz-sockie???does she have a fever or anything???there are 4 types of cox-sockie and it affects every kid diff.my son broke out with it and he had a 104.2 fever for 2 days and then blisters in his throat....ask the doc if that may be it....let me know..
A.

My son was vaccinated against chicken pox. He had a weird rash like that. I took him to the drs and sure enough, it was chicken pox! It was a VERY mild case. They didnt really seem to bother him.
So, even if they are vaccinated, they can still get them.

C.:

O.

Hi! I heard today from a virus in my sons preschool. It has spots too at hands and feets. It´s called cocksackie virus...?! Good luck! S.

My daughter had blistery things on her bottom once (thank god) and i took her to the doctor he said it was a yeast infection. A few weeks prior to that she had "thrush" which is a growth of yeast in the mouth. Common in infants. And the yeast had gone thru her body down to her bottom. They put her on an antibiotic and a fungul cream on her bottom. It cleared up within a few days. Except, they recommended we keep her on for 2 weeks. So, it might be a yeast infection... Take her to the doctor again. Good luck! :-) S. c.

1 / 3