Blender Suggestions

So I went and picked up a cheap blender from Target the other day (don't remember the brand) but it sucks as far as crushing ice. We are on this healthy smoothie kick. Anyway, any good ones that will crush ice?

A low price option:

Walmart sells a Hamilton Beach blender that works great. It is glass so it won't pick up any stinky smells. It does a great job on smoothies and milkshakes as well as sauces. It was $22 when I bought mine 3 years ago. I still have and use it daily!

Vita-Mix. Vita-Mix. Vita-Mix.

The thing is pricey but worth every.last.penny. You can use the entire food in it - meaning you get the nutrients from every part, including stems, etc. Ice is no problem. I, just last night, made my own tomato sauce using the WHOLE tomato, green pepper, onion (less skin), etc. I love this thing. We've had ours for three years and we use it all the time. Whole-food smoothies got me through my pregnancy.

If you don't want to spend a fortune the Magic Bullet is awesome. I have a Bosch too but they are like $500 for the mixer and blender.

A low price option:

If your on a smoothie kick the magic bullet is an awesome little thing. That way if you just want one you dont have to dirty this huge ol blender. I love my magic bullet.

YES!! I love frozen coffee drinks. We bought an Oster brand blender and I love it. It has pre programmed buttons for frozen drinks and shakes and chopping food. Then it has manual buttons for crushing ice and blending food. On the base of the blender it says " Oster Fusion". Wouldn't trade it for the world. Saves me tons of money now that I can make them at home!!

I have a Cuisinart Smartpower Duet. It has both a blender and food processer top. It's what usually use to make our smoothies even though my husband bought a smoothie maker. I think I got it at Linens & Things with a coupon. It has been well worth it. We've used it now about 4 years.

I got one from bed, bath, and beyond that was specifically for making frozen drinks, and it rips through ice like a hot knife through butter... the jimmy buffet margarita blender works great too, and has a pour spout at the bottom for easy dispensing...

We bought the Breville...it ROCKS! It is also quite pricey but I have loved every second of it! It even has a "snow" feature for ice so it can crush it to a snow cone consistency if you so desire! Love it! I also use it as a food processor as it has a very sturdy blade and have made baby food in it for both my kids.

1 / 3