Bleeding Every Time I Have Sex

Just wondering if anyone has experienced bleeding during and after intercourse. It happens every time I have sex no matter what time of month it is. It is bright red , and then I spot for the next 2 days or so. There is not really any pain during sex, but afterwards there is sometimes cramping. I asked my gyno about it and didn't really get any help or answers after my regular yearly tests came back normal. So if anyone has experienced this, is living with it, or knows WHY this is happening..please help!

I'd dump that gyn of yours and get a new one! I'm sorry to sound alarmist here, but this is not normal and you need a gyn to actually figure this out. Please get some help before one day you find out that you have cervical cancer!

By your "yearly" are you meaning just your pap? This is to check for cervical cancer, possibly HPV and chlamydia/gonorrhea (if that's what your physician specifies, can be done in one "scraping"). Has your doctor discussed fibroids? This was my issue and one I had them removed at the same time I had my uterine ablation, the problem went away. I would push for an ultrasound if it were me. Good luck.

That happened to me and it turned out I had a small cervical polyp that was being irritated during intercourse. My obgyn removed the polyp, problem solved.

You might have a fibroid a cyst...Find a new doctor immediately!

I have just pinpoint bleeding after sex sometimes...literally a dot or 2. Mine is supposedly just a normal side effect of sex...it's from internal impact. In some cases bleeding after sex is a symptom of cervical cancer...but that should show up as an abnormal result on your pap; since your tests are normal, and your doc isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could always get a 2nd medical opinion if you still think something is wrong.

I had this problem for 2-3 years. For some reason it has now been gone about a year. It didn't matter if I had sex daily, weekly or every 3 weeks, I bled. It was during and for a day or two after like you. Afterwards it wasn't much though. Just spotting and would cramp sometimes. Sex didn't hurt. My Dr told me this was normal and happens a lot. Its just not something we discuss! I wish I could tell you how to help, but I don't know what stopped mine. I hope it never comes back. Even though I had been married 8 or so years when it started it was still embarrassing.

Ouch! It sounds like maybe things are too rough, or you're starting intercourse before you get lubricated (naturally or with lube). That can cause a lot of friction for you, which can make you spot.

Sounds like a fibroid!

I have had this. I also talked with my doctor about it. I was told as long as my pap was coming back normal, things were probably OK. My doctor said I had an irritated spot internally that was being repeatedly rubbed to cause the bleeding. My bleeding did not continue after sex, though, and I did not have cramping. Lately I've only had this happen during the week right before my period.

I might talk with your doctor, or another doctor, again. How long has this been going on? Has something changed for you (new partner, new position, etc)? Have your tried abstaining for several days to see if that helps?

Do you have an IUD? If so, it may be out of place.

I'd find a new OBGYN if I were you!!! It could be something very serious. I don't want to alarm you, but when I was a little girl, this happened with my mother. It turned out to be cancer of the uterus. She had a complete hysterectomy at age 39. GO NOW to get it checked out!!! It is NOT normal!

My only answer is to find another Doctor now! Obviously this is not normal and could indicate a serious problem. I can't believe a Dr. would just ignore it. My daughter had a problem and went to five different Gynos before finding a specialist who would not quit until she found the answer.

I am seeing a Gyno-Urologist in Dallas right now and think he could at least point you in the right direction if he couldn't help you. His name is Dr.Carley.
I hope you will check into this with someone and not just ignore it.

Hope this helps in some way. Hoping you find an answer soon!