Bladder Infection?? - Carpentersville,IL

Hey moms! My daughter who is 3 years old has complained a few times over the weekend about it hurting when she goes pee. She is completely potty trained even at night. She mentioned to me on Saturday afternoon (after coming in from playing in the pool and using the restroom) that her pee was "hot" and it "hurt." I called my mom and asked her opinion and she said to see if she complains like that again through the weekend but not to ask her and let her tell me. She hadn't said anything again until she came in again from the pool this afternoon to use the restroom and said "ouch, ouch, ouch.." I asked her what was wrong and she said it hurt. I am wondering since it seems like it is only when she comes in from the pool if she just doesn't understand that her pee is warmer maybe then her since she has been in a cool pool or if she may have a bladder infection. Any advice?

Of course if it continues to tomorrow I will bring her in to be checked.

I did take her into the doctor this afternoon and she does not have a UTI or a yeast infection. She actually is constipated which I guess is what is causing all of the problems. I would NEVER leave my child in pain without taking her into the doctor and am a good mother.

My daughter doesn't take baths period and as stated before it isn't a UTI...

It probably is the temperature thing but have you mentioned going to the doctor at all? My daughter hates going. She had 2 UTI's when she was 4 accompanied with abdominal pain and the first had a 100 degree fever that went to 103 by the time we got to urgent care! Now at 6 I thought she had a problem but she wasn't saying anything. She was in the bathroom more than usual though. With the one in April i just took her in because she didn't seem right. She had elevated counts in her urine. I took her back in last Monday because she had started complaining of a stomach ache Friday night. No temp though. Whenever I asked her if it hurt to go potty she said no...because she didn't want to go to the doctor. I made an appt for Monday afternoon anyhow because she mentioned stomach issues sat and sun too...white counts were elevated again so another round of antibiotics. We'll go back after this dosage to be sure the infection is gone.

Just be cautious if she has any issues with going to the doctor...she might not be always telling you there's a problem. (And she's always been this way...don't know why.)

Chances are it's a urinary tract infection - bladder infections are much more rare, but it's possible.

I'd contact the pediatrician who will likely need a urine sample to do a culture and prescribe antibiotics if bacteria are present.

Cranberry juice is only effective when used as a preventative measure and must be 100% juice. it will not treat a UTI despite many people hearing old wives tales that it will.

This information from the American Academy of Pediatrics may help:
http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/cond...

Bladder infections are horrible to deal with. Why wait go get her checked today.

Take her to the doctor. Whether it is a bladder infection or not it hurts her. Give her a lot of water to drink in the mean time.

Is she swimming in chloride water? Give her cranberry juice.

I think your right, Her pee is hot and she is cold from being in the pool. if she had others signs then I would take her in.

And no more bubble baths. They are a cause of UTIs.

bladder infection is my guess.

1 / 3