Black Mold/mildew in Shower

Hi Mamas! No matter how much I scrub (using Scrubbing Bubbles or Soft Scrub), I cannot seem to get the black mold/mildew out of our shower! It is just along the bottom corners of the shower stall (not on the walls of the shower). Any suggestions on what to use to get rid of this? Thanks!

I use Soft Scrub with bleach for this problem. I put a glob on the spot and let it sit overnight. When you rinse it away the mildew is gone!

I have left scrubbing bubbles sit on the area overnight & the next morning it came off fairly easily.

Well Tilex Mold and mildew remover but get fresh scent unlesss you have windows in there .

M.,

Are you living in my house? This question also struck a chord with me!...

MaryS.

Sounds like it's on the caulk. The easiest way in this case is to just scrape it out and re-caulk the shower. We do this periodically in our shower to control it. In between I use Tilex mold and mildew. Spray it on after a shower and just let it sit and dry. Kills it within a day or 2. Good luck!

Oh my gosh! I was going to ask for help on the exact same thing! I hope we get some answers. Our new home is less than 2 years old, and we RINSE, RINSE, RINSE after every shower, and have tried several cleaners.

Clorox Clean-Up. And don't use the shower for a while, let it dry out and take up the old caulk and put down new. But you need to be sure you have killed the mold before you re-caulk, which is why you should let the shower dry out.

Spray tilex works really well (which is to basically say spray bleach)...another thing that rocks in grout and stuff are the Clorox bleach pens!

mr. clean majic eraser cleans every thing in the shower, trust me it really works.

We had to remove the caulk with knife and re-caulk.

sounds like the caulk is molding and you can scrape it off and re-caulk the shower. Other than that CLR works the best for tough to clean showers but is very strong stuff so if you have acrylic/plastic tub or shower walls then you wouldn't want to use this as it will dull the finish.

We use Tile Lex for mold and mildew. It really works for us.It takes the black mold right off,with very little scrubing.

Hope this helps

bleach water and clorox wipes has worked for me

well first off make sure u have on old clothes u don't care about and get u some bleach and use it it will make the places white as snow it neturlizes it and makes it very clean ,, hope this helps u ,, E.

G'Morning M., I use Clorox clean up spray in my bathrooms. Not the Clorox bathroom spray it does nothing.
Spray and let it sit a little bit, scrub with old toothbrush to get the corner well, rinse off.
Also you might use simple green, it works pretty well

God Bless
K. Nana of 5

bleach works best anbd then have hubbie caulk....