Black Hair on My Chin

I have a few terrible black hairs in my chin. is this normal at 40??? What else is coming??? Am I low in something???

Lol, I read the others answers and I agree, you are the lucky one, I am 32 and I have them since 5 years maybe more.
Just pluck them, bleach them (with hair products for hair) or try laser.

40!!! You're lucky! I'm 30 and have like 3 and just noticed today my 26 year old sister has quite a few and they are black as night! Just a part of getting older, tweeze or threading is best!

I've had a few random black hairs growing out of my chin for years now and I'm 34. I find it best to pluck them in the car, I can't seem to see them very well in the bathroom mirror.

I joke that when I had my son, I turned into a man.

Fortunately, I'd already shared a bathroom with over 100 women (military) so had learned that women grow hair EVERYWHERE. It's just a matter of genetics and time.

So when it went from plucking to OMG I can't keep up! I headed to the salon. Where the "menu" is equally as encouraging

- Brow
- Lip
- Cheek
- Sideburns
- Chin
- Jawline
- Neck
- Full Face
- Upper Back
- Lower back
- Collar bone
- Chest
- Abdomen
- Upper arms
- Lower arms
- Full Arm
- Upper leg
- Lower leg
- Full leg
- Bikini : Standard or Brazillian

The only place that isn't mentioned is the BUM! Aparently women don't grow hair on their bum cheeks. (Anus hair is covered in brazillian waxing)

I've been seeing my waxer for 7 years now. I only have to get my lip and jawline done... But yes. Women get black, dark, thick, long (like 1"), or all of the above in all of the areas on the menu.

I'm going on 30 this year and I've had black hairs on my chin since I was in high school. Now they are migratin to my cheeks. I simply pluck them. Could be a hormonal thing. I've noticed when I am pregnant I have to pluck more and new hairs pop up.

Good Luck!!

I have them too and I am 40. I started to get them during my early 30's and went to the doctor to check that it wasn't something that I was "low on" and all my tests came out negative. The doctor said it is just something that happens to some women. I have tried to pluck mine but I'm a wuss so I have just been shaving them in the shower for 10 years now. I have about 6 of them now but they are pretty easy to take care of when I wash my face so I just do that. I guess it's all a part of growing older :/

I have them too, and they got WORSE as I got older. I saw one little chin hair and now there are like 10. I got them lasered. It wasnt that much money and sooo worth it. It's a combination of hormones and age and alot of women get them on the chin area. Crazy huh

Sounds like a change in your hormones. Did you stop or start birth control pills? That can sometimes do it.

1 / 3