Black Friday Shopping Worth It or Not??

What are you thoughts for Black Friday shopping is it worth the crowds or not?? I was told the same deals are online as well so if anybody does their shopping online is shipping and handling more than normal?

I do it for fun!! My in-laws come for Thanksgiving and my MIL and I head out around 11pm and don't get back until 8am. I'm usually done with my Christmas shopping by then, but just like to go anyway!

NO WAY! There is no way I would go shopping on black Friday. However, I'm not one for shopping at all. I prefer online shopping. It is so much easier and I definitely feel like I save a lot of money by shopping online as I can compare prices from so many stores at once.

I LOVE it! I go every year! My hubby watches the boys and I head out about 3 or 4 a.m. armed with my list, the sales fliers, a small box of doughnuts, and hot cocoa. I love the thrill of it and LOVE the money we save! Plus, we do not have to worry about boxes shipped to the house that the kids may identify before we can get them put away in a hidden spot!
If you do not like big crowds, get impatient with lots of people, and do not like the lights, music, and craziness that goes with it all, don't go. Otherwise, put on a festive holiday spirit and go for it!
Also, you are bound to encounter some rude, ruthless shoppers. If you can look beyond this and just be positive and have fun and realize that if you do not get a certain item, that it is not the end of the world, then Black Friday is a fun way to obtain a LOT of bargains!

No amount of savings is going to get me out of bed at 4am to go stand in line in the freezing cold at 6am or fight the crowds later in the day. I'm one of those people who watch the news later that day (because, of course, the leading story is ALWAYS "Walmart opened at 4am this morning and LOOK at all those people there to take advantage of the sales!!!!!") and shake my head in disbelief and roll my eyes. Of course, I hate crowds, driving for hours to find a parking spot, long lines, all the stuff Black Friday is famous for. So I avoid it like the plague. Last year, I did 90% of my holiday shopping online, dressed in my PJs, sipping my coffee (or wine if it was in the PM) and listening to some nice music...saved on gas and time-wasting, too. Everything arrived on time, in perfect condition and it was the best holiday shopping experience I'd ever had. It will be repeated again this year!

Not worth it--you couldn't PAY me to fight those crowds! People watching? maybe. Shopping--NO!

I didn't read anyone else's answer but here's mine. If you look through the ads & see something that is a great deal and you really need or want. Then YES. Also if you just want to go experience it with your girlfriends.... get coffee, go to lunch then come home.. YES. lol

I don't do it.
Don't like the crowds nor parking hassles nor waiting in lines. Ugh.

Online shopping, is good, and they also have sales and free shipping specials too, like on Amazon.

It is only worth it... IF you have things you need or want to stock up on.... and want to get the discounts. Otherwise, it is still spending money.
As my Dad always said, "A sale is only a sale, if you need something worthwhile..... if not, you are still spending money no matter how much it is."

I go for the fun of it. Last year I took my daughter (12) and she had a blast! I don't think we spent $100 but it was fun! My family also has a tradition of heading to the mall on Christmas Eve day just to take in the atmosphere. We may purchase one or two things but thats not our main goal. And we valet park the car to avoid those hassles. Its holiday entertainment to us (is that sad?)

We shop on black friday every year. And it depends on what your looking for as to whether it is worth it or not. The year the nintendo game boys came out my husband had been laid off for several months. we had a set amount of money we had scraped together. toyworks advertised them for like $60 if you were there between 5 and 7. we were there at 4 to get into line. a few years later the kids were going off to college. they needed warm comforters for the dorm rooms. kohls had really great down alternative comforters for $19 if you were there early. if not they were like $75 so yes they were worth it. it is tradition for us now. we spread the sale papers out. make our routes, kids all go in different cars with different lists. then we meet up for breakfast. go home have a nap and then decorate the tree on friday night. ginger bread houses later in the weekend.

1 / 3