Birthday Treats!!

My oldest daughter will be turning 6 towards the end of the month! I was wondering if anyone had any fun ideals for a "birthday treat" for school! We have done cupcake, cookies, and even cupcakes made in icecream cones. I am looking for something more inventive! Any help would be great!

Hi<

My daughter was "character of the week" in her class. What I did was treat bags. I filled some with leius(sp?) and candies, and the other half with bubbles and candies, and little toys for the kids. Kids love that stuff. Hope this helps!!!

When my daughter turned 1 in March I wanted to replace the traditional birthday cake with something fun and original. We did the Flower Power cupcakes and they came out sooooo cute! Not only that but with your daughter being 6 I bet she'd love to decorate them with you. My Aunt and I decorated them and we had a blast. Here's the link to Kraft's website for the recipe. Enjoy and happy birthday to your big girl!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/recipes/EspeciallyforKids/Desse...

One of the best things that I have used for birthday treats is ice cream. My kids school has a small freezer that it can be stored in when I drop it off before work. I have done homemade ice cream sandwiches (chips ahoy cookies, vanilla ice cream rolled in sprinkles) or ice cream Spongebobs (using a square container of ice cream, I softened it enough to cut into squares - about 20 or so per quart- pushed a popsicle stick into each ice cream square rolled in crushed vanilla wafers or other type of yellow colored cookie and decorated with gumdrops and icing for the face and sponge holes. Then freeze) I can do the same thing using rice krispy treats instead of the ice cream. For arms and legs I use licorice.
Hope it helps because I know how busy it can be - I work full time and have 4 kids under the age of nine!!!

Good Luck!!

I have always gone onto www.familyfun.go.com to get different and neat ideas. I would also ask the teacher--I brought in a pinata for my son's birthday when he turned 6. The kids loved it.

We did ice cream cones filled with kid trail mix (cereal, pretzels, mini cookies, M&Ms, etc.) We wrapped each cone in a baggy and tied with a ribbon. Very easy and they were a big hit. Good luck.

If you have the time, and a small enough class/patient teacher, you could make ice cream in a bag. Involved, but inventive:

http://www.momready.com/articles/content.asp?ID=90

Or if no time for DIY, you could bring in a cooler full of assorted Good Humor ice cream bars.

You can also do creative things with the cupcakes, like put a (non-toxic) toy on each one. I did that with plastic cars one year.

Hi<

My, you have your hands full. I once did popcorn balls with happy birthday written in gel icing for my son. For added fun, have your six year old help!

Check out familyfun.go.com

1 / 3