Birthday Present Ideas for Son's 16 Yr Old Girlfriend

My son will be attending his "girlfriend's" Sweet 16 birthday party and asked what he should get her. They've only been "going together" for a couple of months, which means a lot of texting and only one date with friends. A bracelet or necklace seems too personal and a gift card too impersonal. Any ideas and suggestions?

Thank you for all the great ideas. After much thought, we finally bought her a nice photo album and included a few pictures I had taken of them from the dance they attended and some miscellaneous shots. She can add future pictures of them together from the party. Then he picked out a cute teddy bear to hold it. He said she liked it and even got a hug from her! :)

You are right a neckless and stuff like that is too soon. maybe he can take her out to the movies and a dinner but being 15 hard to do unless some one drives. a gift card might be impersonal but she might like one to her favorite store that at the mall or to the movies.

I have a 17 year old son. I would suggest nothing too serious or personal so as not to convey the wrong message.
If there is something she likes, like a favorite candy or she has a favorite sport or hobby something related to that such as maybe a stuffed small animal or bear.

If his girlfriend wears makeup, potentially having someone do a makeover would be fun for her. That way she would feel confident in the way she wears it. I have an Arbonne business and do makeovers if that is what you want.

Best Regards,
G.

I actually don't see anything wrong with a bracelet or necklace. When I read the question, before I even got to your thoughts on those items, a bracelet was my first thought. That's not too personal of an item. A nice charm bracelet with items she likes on it would be great. It'd show that he knows what she likes and cares about her. Or he could go the route of a new CD out that she would like. Or maybe a novel or some sort of book that she would be interested in. I even just asked my husband what he would get, without giving any of my thoughts, and first thing he said was a charm bracelet, lol. So maybe that'd be a good route to go.

I think an iPod Nano with all her favorite songs would be appropriate.

Have you asked your son what he would like to get her? I don't think jewerly is to personal, I know my 15 year old has recieved jewerly from her boyfriend on various occassions, along with flowers. If your son knows what she likes than you could even go with some lotion & spray from Bath & Body Works...must girls love that stuff. Hope this helps some.

How about a CD or something like that. Hope this helps. N. L.

Hi J.:

I have a daughter who just turned 17 and she loves to get gift certificates for tanning and to get her nails done. When she turned 16 thats what some of her friends got her along with cute picture frames, bath and body works lotions and body sprays etc...

Good Luck!!

How about a CD of her favorite group or a DVD she's been wanting? She may also like a funny t-shirt.

My 17 yo daughter received a nice inexpensive necklace with a birth stone charm from her boyfriend and she adores it. They had only been going out a short time also. It was around a teddy bears neck when he gave it to her. I thought the teddy bear was a nice touch. Good Luck!

Flowers carnations or spring arrangment. Then card with a gift card would be nice. My daughter is 16 and she loves getting these things. Goodluck!1

1 / 3