Birthday Party Places for an 8 Yr Old

My son is turning 8 next week and I just had a baby 4 weeks ago, so I really don't want to do a party at our house like I always have in the past.
But ofcourse I am thinking about this very last minute and now am stressed about where else to have a party!
I want something fun, and maybe a little different (asside from the normal chuckecheese I guess)
He want's a Pirate's themed birthday party, any ideas????

Oogles and googles (in Colleyville, I think) has a variety of party themes and pirates is one of them. You can find them on the internet. Just google "oogles and googles" and you'll find a link. Good luck

How about a jumping party. They have several locations all over the metroplex.

We had my step-son's 8th birthday at the bowling alley. All the kids and parents had a good time. We have also had birthday parties at Pump it up in Arlington. If you are unfamiliar with this place it is a huge warehouse filled with inflatable jump houses, slides, basketball, obstacle courses and a party room. If I remember correctly the kids (and parents if they want)jump for 1 1/2 hours and then 30-45 minutes for the cake/presents in the party room. My daughter had her 4th birthday there and loved it. My step-son who is 8 loved it also.

Try "Lets Jump" your children will have a blast!

Let's Jump is really cool for all ages, adults included (and they get to play for free at the party. There is also Flip for Fun www.flipsforfun2.com. They have a bus that they bring to your house and the party is in the bus. They are a gymnastics school, with a mobile gym. I'm not sure of the ages or if this is something your son would be interested in, but the staff are extremely energetic and fun. Check it out.

We have a place in Keller called "Let's Jump" which is a bunch of jump houses. My kids love that place! I had my daughter's party there in November and will have my son's there this month (they're 8 and 5).

They sure burn off a lot of energy there!

Most boys really like Laser Quest. It's on Grapevine Hwy, just south of Loop 820. They have party rooms available and we've been to one where the parents brought hot dogs and cake; very easy.

Chuck E. Cheese is a good place to have a birthday party, if you can afford it. I haven't met a kid yet that doesn't like it. Good Luck.

My son is 10 and he loves Incredible Pizza in Euless and I just took my 7 year old to Main Event last Sunday and she had a blast. (Not sure if they will let you do a theme but you could do a pirate cake and pirate goodie bags.)If he wants a Pirate party you could rent a pavillion at a local park and decorate in Pirate decor. You could have treasure hunts as a game. They could find prizes like mcdonald bucks, movie passes.. etc. They have lots of pirate stuff in oriental trading. Good Luck and get some help. Having a baby takes a lot out of you.

1 / 3