Birthday Party Ideas for a 4 Year Old Girl

I am looking for ideas that would be inexpensive for a B-Day party at home. We are inviting seven girls and boys from our church. We are going to have cake and ice cream of course, but I need at least one fun activity to do with the little ones. The age range of the children will be 2yrs to 6yrs. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

Thanks, C.

We went to a birthday party last spring where they gave the kids a smaller clay flower pot. Let them paint it with their own design. Then filled with potting soil and flower seeds. The kids all enjoyed taking home their "present". No need to get bags for coming to the party! They made their own. Parents liked not having the sugar snacks and small items to deal with later.

I'm not sure when your party is, but if it's nice outside I think the park is prefect for a birthday party. My daughter went to one. This year in the spring I plan on doing my daughter's a the park. Also, I have attended a dress-up tea party that was pretty good. They used water in the tea cups. The children also brought some of the dress up stuff. So there were plenty of chioces. My mother-in-law told me at my daughter's last party that they say 1 child per age. So, like a four year-old have only 4 guest to the party. I didn't know that.

Seriously, check out this site, www.pepperspollywogs.com. They have ideas for anything that your child might be interested in, and often have suggestions for spreading the age group for a particular activity. Highly recommend it!

A friend used this idea at her daughters 2 birthday party. They had a table set up for the kids to make placemats. Each child got to choose a piece of construction paper and then color it with markers and stickers. Then one of the grandmas covered them with contact paper during another part of the party

Buy something for each child (tshirt, hankerchief, hat, etc) that they can decorate. You can choose what kind of decorations (stamps, markers, paint, etc). Or have them all decorate a shirt for your child and then have them decorate something smaller for themselves (cup, hat, etc).

Pinata, bobbing for apples, face paint, trying to eat a marshmallow from a string without your hands....these are all things I want to do at my daughter's 3rd bday (kids will range in age from 1-13 at her party and figured everyone would like a variety of these games).

What about making sugar cookies and having icing and sprinkles and letting the kids decorate their own cookies then baggin them up and having them take them home?

I had my sons 5 bd party at burger king and loved it! We did our own cake right outside the play area and did presents too. Burger King told me we could do the party outside the play area(that way you dont pay anything). That way then the kids could go play after and I didnt pay bkj and still did my own stuff...hope it helps...i loved it cuz it also helped with everyone coming cuz of where everyone lived too!

You don't mention when the birthday party is. If its around Easter, either a week before or after, do an easter egg hunt!

Look up some coloring pages on the internet.
http://educationalcoloringpages.com/freecoloring.html
Print off a bunch of simple ones, get a bunch of crayons and have a coloring station. This was a big hit at our last party.

Play Simon Says. Red light/green light. Hokey Pokey.

I love to do musical chairs. I recently saw a more inventive version where shapes drawn on paper were taped to the floor and the kids marched around the circle. When the music stopped the kids stop and you pull out a card with one of the shapes on it and that child wins a prize. (it looked a lot like a mix between candyland and musical chairs). You continue until each child wins.

You could have them decorate their own cupcake.

Best of luck.

1 / 3