Birthday Party Ideas for a 3 Year Old

I'm looking for a great place to host my little girl's 3rd birthday party next month. I need somewhere FREE, since we're on a very tight budget. If it's an outdoor place, we need and indoor backup since the weather can be iffy mid-October. Does anyone know of a pumpkin patch or something like that? We're sort of new in the area and are looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance!

The Deanna Rose Children's farmstead is a great place to go, and its free to get in. It's in Olathe, and very nice. They have picnic tables and plenty of things for little kids to do.

Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park KS. It's free to get in and there is a ton of stuff for the kids, especially during the holiday season.

Look into Deanna Rose Farmstead-you could do cake and presents in their picnic area and then have the kids go explore the farm after. I think they have a small pumpkin patch in the fall as well. Deanna Rose has free admission

I am not sure the date the Deanna Rose Petting Zoo closes but think it is sometime in October. It is located near 135th and Switzer in Olathe. It is free admission unless you want to pay for the birthday package but would be a nice place to have a birthday party. There are picnic tables outside of the zoo and also some playground areas in the zoo that are great for 3 year olds. It is a great size for little kids. Not too big and overwhelming so they can walk and not get too tired and shouldn't need to be carried and probably wouldn't need a stroller for a 3 year old. Go to google type in Deanna Rose Petting Farm and check out their websites. There are activities in October that cost money so you may want to call and see what dates and times are available that doesn't cost and plan for those times. I think the pumpkin festival was Oct 3-26 and cost 7.00 so you want to make sure you don't plan on those days.

As for free places there really aren't any other suggestions other than a park and the fall can be cold for the park. There are a lot of nice parks in the area though. Antioch park is nice especially for little kids with the small forts and houses to play in but it also has a pond in the middle you would need to keep an eye out as little ones seem to be drawn to water.

I know of a couple of pumpkin patches you could look up on competer for info. Carolyns country cousins in Liberty Faulkners Pumpkin Patch in Lees Summit. We just had my 3 year olds birthday at home to save money yesterday with family and we had about 11 little ones under the age of 7. It was a lot of kids. I would recommend coming up with a theme and then printing some activites off on the computer like coloring sheets or crafts. I have heard somewhere one child per age of birhtday child so only 3 kids. Probably a good idea but all most of our relatives have 3 and 4 kids. Good Luck.

1 / 3