Birthday Party Ideas for 2-Year Old Boy in January

My little boy turns 2 in January and I am short on Birthday party ideas. I am on a buget and any money saving ideas will be helpful. Thanks.

My alltime favorite website is http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/party_ideas.html

I always go there for terrific ideas. My other son at 2 had a Thomas the train, 3 Fireman, and 4 Superheros.
I am cheap, so I go over the top with a theme and old school ideas to keep it cheep and at my house so everyone is invited. I too have a boy turning two Feb 2. So I can't wait to hear what you are going to do...I may copy!

My daughter is turning 2 next week and right after her first birthday party (a Hula by the Pool-a) I swore her next birthday party was going to be super girly...turns out she has her own interests and that happens to be Elmo! So we have all kinds of Elmo decorations and I'm making an Elmo cake (prefab cake pan). There are about 6 kids coming ages 5 and under so we are going to have a game (pin the nose on Elmo...under 3 won't be blindfolded) and I might borrow my SIL bounce house.

So...my advice is to go with a theme or character that he likes. Or go to a party store and see if they have any suitable decorations on sale. To save $$ you can buy a few of the character themed decorations and go with the less expensive coordinating solid color plates, napkins, cups, etc.

For activities, keep it simple. There will be plenty of excitement with everybody in your house and you don't want one of those overstimulated-and-don't-know-what-to-do-with-myself tantrums that I know my 2 year old is known to have.

Most importantly, have fun and congratulation on surviving the first two years!!

-L.

My son is also turning 2 in January, I'm 26 and have also been married 4 years! Since I will have a newborn then, I am just keeping it small.

I think it depends on the ages of other children. There will only be a couple kids at ours, all under 4, so we really can't have many games. But since kids love to dance, I'm going to play some fun music for them. If you are having a lot of children, there are some great websites that have game ideas. Too bad for winter birthdays, most ideas are for outdoors! But some can be changed.

Just pick a theme, and tie your decorations and games around it. For example if your theme is monkeys, do pin the bananna/tail on the monkey instead of donkey.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kid+party+ideas

Let me know what you come up with, I'm still trying to think of a theme as well! Maybe we can go in together on decorations or something.

What about a "2" Party? Everything could have either the number 2 on it or in pairs. :) You could get plain balloons for the kids (2 each), and tie them on their chairs or place areas. And what kids don't love balloons? :D You could also have cupcakes with two animal cookies or other small cookies on them. Or you could have 2 cakes- one for the birthday boy and one for your guests.

Anyway, you get the idea. Best wishes! :)

1 / 3