Birthday Party Ideas - Redondo Beach,CA

Hi all,
My friend lives in Redondo Beach and wants to have a birthday party for her 4 year old daughter at a place where you just show up and have fun with no set up, clean up, etc. She prefers a place where the place handles the cake and food but that could be foregone for a really great place. She already knows about Kid Concepts, AdventurePlex, Adventure City, the Artzone and Under the Sea.

Other ideas? Parties you went to or had that were great? By the way, we recently had my daughters' 2nd and 4th birthday at The ArtZone in Hermosa Beach and it was so great! A great time for all the kids, an easy time for the adults, and so fun! I really recommend that place!
Thank you,

We just went to a friend's b-day party at My Little Gym in Torrance, and I believe they have locations all over. They had 3 attendants that played with the kids and they did routines and exercises for about an hour before eating and cake. They handled it all, fed the kids, cut the cake, refilled cups, cleaned spills! I think she paid a couple hundred bucks, but I think that was well worth it. My son had a great time.

They are a little young, but Gable House Bowl can do that sort of thing I think. We have done a party at Lazer Storm which is next door to and owned by Gable House. The food was good, and they were very nice. Lazer Storm is definitely NOT for a 4 year old, too dark, the kids might be scared. But bowling could be fun, the only hassle would be getting everyone fitted for shoes. I know Gable House has an upstairs room where they serve all the food and cake and it has toys in there too. At least they did the last time one of my kids went to a party there.

My friend had her 4 year old sons birthday at Hermosa Valley and used Coach Derek, was fun and had a bouncey house too. Otherwise, try renting out Alta Vista Recreation Room, use the play structure and hire a bouncey house or for entertainment if outside venue use a bubble show, had it for my son's 4th b-day party, was AWESOME!

Do you have a science museum for children in your area? We have the Reuben H. Fleet Science Museum here in Balboa Park in San Diego and they have a great package that allows the children to come and play as long as they want which is nice because I know a lot of those places just herd you in and out in a matter of 2 hours. The science museum here, has a set time for the private room with cake, pizza, etc., but allows the kids to be in the science museum part itself for as long or as little as they want.

Or, perhaps a railroad museum? or Aquarium?

She can also try Dance Forever Studio in RB. My daughter went to a 5 yr old bday party there - it was co-ed. The kids dressed up - princess, ballerina, pirates, etc... and danced, etc... They had so much fun (even the boys).

I think you may have to bring your own food, but am not sure... it's worth a phone call.

At that age my kid's had a couple of parties at the local McDonalds. It was easy and so cheap!

I live in RB and I reserved MY GYM in Manhattan Beach for my son's 4th b-day party. It sounds like what you're looking for - no set or clean up. I believe you can order the cake through them, although I don't plan to. Right next door is Fresh Brothers Pizza (literally next door and they'll give you 10% off your order if you mention you're having a party at MY GYM). I've been to Kids Concepts and Under the Sea and I think this place looks a lot cleaner. Hope this helps!

1 / 3