Birthday Party Ideas

Hi ladies...I'm asking this for a friend. She has a little girl that is turning 4 in March and wants to throw her a special birthday party but not spend an arm and a leg!! Her husband is overseas and she is managing with 2 small little ones at home. She'd prefer NOT to have the party at home - she does not want the extra stress of cleaning house, etc. She is inviting one friend for the little girl - a 3 year old boy and then her neices will be there (ages 10,13) plus a few family members...aunt, uncle, grandpa.

So, any ideas for cheaper, away from home parties - and preferably not outside since she and both of her girls are very fair skinned and can't stay outside for long periods of time?

Thanks so much!!!

Have a princes party. Let everyone come dressed for a royal ball. Make or buy inexpensive crowns. Or let the older kids help with making the crowns once they get there. Just an idea.

I have always done my own parties I know how stressful it is with a deployed HUBBY! Here we have a Community Center with a GREAT play room that you can reserve just add cake & balloons and you got a party! Look up Family Fun Magizine thay always have GREAT ideas.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

If she goes to church somewhere, most churches let you reserve a room (usually the gym or fellowship hall) for free if it's your own church. If they don't belong to a church or one they'd want to use, most churches only cost around $50 to reserve their gym or room for a couple of hours.
I am a HUGE party with a tight budget planner. I'm the one all of my friends and family go to for party planning. Instead of using themed plates, napkins, etc... I usually find decorations for the theme (table pieces, wall hangings, balloons, etc) and things for the goody bags with the themes and keep the throw away paper things cheap. I usually pick 2 colors from the theme (Hello Kitty would be pink and white, rainbow brite might be red and yellow), and mix and match those colors with plates, forks, napkins and table cloths. It saves a LOT of money that way (You can get a stack of colored plates at the Dollar Tree for $1 opposed to a stack of 8 themed plates for $3, at least, anywhere else).

The Dollar tree also has a lot of really great $1 items for decorations,games and goody bag items. PM me with the theme your friend wants to do, and I'll help her out. Oriental trading is also an AWESOME place to go to for things when you have plenty of time.

Also, if it's pretty much just family, bowling can be REALLY great. She can pay around $50-60 per lane for 2hrs of bowling time (6 per lane), or she can just go and pay for a couple rounds of bowling for everyone (which ever she'd rather do). The little Banquet meals and pot pies have a free game of bowling on the back of them, and we use those for birthdays. We have a family party when we go bowling, go to Chuck E cheese, or skating on the kids' birthdays, then they have a big party with friends on weekends. The bowling alleys will put up bumpers for the kids in one lane and let them use a ramp to roll the ball down on, or they'll just give them the ramp if the adults want to use that lane too. My 2 year old has been bowling that way since he was 1, and all of my kids love it. If she goes on a sat or sun afternoon inbetween meal times, she doesn't even have to buy any food.

HTH!
SAHM of 4 (3 boys and a girl)

My son turned 4 in December and we had a great party at Chuck E. Cheese. It was very reasonably priced and everyone had a great time. Best of all there was NO cleanup. Hope this helps.

I have been to parties at Burger King in the play room part, Mcdonalds and if she knows how the local skating ring. My daughter loved hers at the skating ring. I know Mcdonalds if pretty cheap and most of them have play areas now for the kids inside. Good Luck! I have 3 b-day parties coming up with a deployed husband, I feel your pain!!

The Chattanooga Zoo does a great party and it is not too expensive. They even include the goodie bags! You provide the cake. The kids go on a tour of the zoo. Then they go indoors for a talk about animals and even get to pet some. Then they go on a scavenger hunt to find clues that lead to the treasure (goodie bags)

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream does bday parties. I have not done one there but checked into it a couple of years ago. I had too many kids to include. If I remember right, the kids make tye dye shirts and makle their own sundaes. The bday child gets to put their handprint on the wall. I don't recall the cost.

Playworld Down Under is great. You provide the cake but they provide pizza and drinks.

sometimes if i'm strapped for cash, i take the party to chuckie cheese, i don't do thier paid party just my own cake and i buy drinks for everyone, if i have the money after getting the kids some tokens then i will buy pizza. but this way the adults and kids of all ages can have fun there!!!

Our best birthday parties were when our boys were preschoolers. We would get permission to use the church gazebo and playground for the fall birthday and the church fellowship hall and gym for the January birthday. We would mail out birthday invitations instructing parents to bring their child's favorite riding toy. We would bring a few extra riding toys for anyone who forgot. We had pizza, cake, ice cream, and a cooler full of juice boxes and little bottles of water. One year we even had a magician at both boys parties. Fun, easy, and cheap birthday party.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

1 / 3