Birthday Party Goodie-bag Ideas

I am so tired of all the junk-goodie-bags my kids get at all the birthday parties they attend. My daughter is turning 6 and is having her party at a bounce-house-place. We have invited 30 kids and I would like to do something fun when it comes to goodie-bags instead of the usual sticker/candy/plastic junk. But with 30 kids I also want it to be reasonable. I would love some creative ideas!

For my daughter's birthday we made cd's for all the kids. You could do really fun, up-beat music (goes along with bounce houses) or you could do some silly/goofy songs (goes along with 6 yr olds). I still get comments from parents and kids about the cd's they received and that they still listen to them!
They are very inexpensive to make, takes very little time and they won't get thrown in the "junk drawer!"
Good luck!!

I handed out kites at my son's party. The kids loved them, and their parents thanked me. You can find lots of colorful ones at Academy for under a dollar each.

I once got Sidewalk chalk buckets at the Dollar Store for $1.00 each. They were a hit. Also at they had kites at Walmart for $1.50 and they went over well, too.

Just a few ideas.

Hi there, I own Celebrity Party Favors. Im located in McKinney, TX. you can contact me and I can customize your party favors to match your invitations or theme. we can come up with something fun to fit your budget.

A. J
www.celebritypartyfavors.com

I know your frustration with the goodie bags (giving and receiving). A few years ago my husband and I decided that we would have the kids do a scavenger hunt for their prizes (puzzles, pencils, notebook paper, etc). We have also given movie passes, or gift cards in the amount of $5. You can chooose where you want to give them from, we have given from Candy World, Baskin Robbins, movie rental stores, fast food restaurants and Toys R Us.
When you think about all the items you buy for the goodie bags, bags, and ties, then putting everything together you are spending as much if not more than you would by giving $5 to each child.
Hope this gives you some ideas for your upcoming party.

check out USA Toy in Plano at Parker & Independence. They have tons of small toys sold by the bag that make great favors.

N. go to foodnetwork.com and put "ice cream cone" in the search engine. The very first listing is "ice cream cone party favors" by Sandra Lee. I've done those party favors for the past 2 years and they work really well and are inexpensive. Good Luck!

Just a few ideas.

Go to Oriental Trading. They have very inexpensive craft projects in bulk!

I am with you, I like to give one item that the kids will actually use. Last year, when my son turned 5, I gave out kid umbrellas, they were $1.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Another year, I went to the Dollar Tree and gave sand toys, they were already all packed up in netting, it was a great bargain. My niece's 9 year old party is this weekend and she is giving out a ball. They found them at Wal-Mart for 97 cents, they are plastic and various colors that look tye dyed. If the party is all girls, another idea is going to the dollar store and getting bubble bath and a sponge loofah. Good luck!

1 / 3