Birthday Party Games for 4 Year Old

My daughter is turning 4 this weekend and she is having a big party (her entire preschool class invited), we are having her party at a local park/playground. My question is what type of games would be both age appropriate and would include that number of kids (there are going to be about 15 kids there). We are already doing the pinata thing. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Oh we do have a theme, kinda it's "stripes" my daughter is in love with stripes and has to wear them everyday on something- so we have put the request out there to have everyone wear something striped.

I did this for my son's 4th birthday also. Some of the games that we played were bobbing for apples, musical chairs, dropping a clothes pin in a bottle (this one you have the child kneel on a backwards facing chair and try to drop the clothes pin into the bottle with out reaching too far down), we also tied mini powered donuts to a string and tied the the string to an outdoor table and the kids had to eat the donut off the string without using there hands (very fun to watch and very fun for the kids), and we also had the usual-pin the tail on the donkey. I hope these ideas help you.

Bean bags. Kids love them. You can have a toss. Divide up the colors (make teams) and throw them into different sized buckets (varying the points per bucket). The team with the most points wins. Or make a board to pitch the bags throw to win a small prize. Balance the bag on your head and race. Have a bean bag hunt. Or you can make up your own game. Good luck!

you can always try red light green light little kids like to play games like that.

My 4 year-old LOVES to play Red Rover. Try that. It takes alot of kids.

I'm sure that, judging by the date of your post, the party has already come and gone. I hope it turned out wonderful.

Anyways....in case someone else reads this looking for ideas, I thought I'd mention one of the things I did with the kids at my daughter's 5th birthday party. I bought a package of paints that has the paint inside of the brush handle. I think they are made by elmers (available at walmart). I also got a big sheet of white poster board and a package of 10 washable markers. I used a couple markers and alternated colors and wrote "Happy 5th Birthday Mikayla" at the top. Then as each child arrived, I painted one of their hands and stamped it on the paper. I had them write their name underneath the hand print (if they knew how...otherwise I wrote it myself). I also had my own kids do theirs. Now my daughter has a special keepsake from her birthday party. We've got it hanging on her bedroom wall.

Blessings,

Do you have a theme? I always do Pin the "something" on "something". For instance, for my one year old's birthday in Sept, the older kids played pin the candle on the cake. Any variation works and the kids get a kick out of where their piece ends up. Another good game is to put a potato on a spoon and have them race back and forth. Lot's of laughs on that one!!! Crafts are always good too...especially for girls. My niece loves to do crafts at her parties!! Good luck

When my sons were younger and we did pinatas, I would make up a little bag. When the pinata breaks all the bags fall out and everyone gets the same thing. I found this helps keep the game fun and no one ends up feeling like they didn't get "enough stuff". The other suggestion is to play very simple games like red light green light, freeze tag. Keeping the party games simple and following the childrens lead is always a great way to have a sucessful party.

Hide-and seek is always a classic. Tag works too. What about duck duck goose.

1 / 3